[eMOD] [LH 2.0] XtraDeconstruct: Legacy of Magic (23 August 2016)

§§§ Beyond Legendary Heroes §§§

By on December 31, 2013 1:21:31 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums External Link

Primal_Savage

Join Date 07/2013
+169

XtraDeconstruct: Legacy of Magic

by Primal Savage et al.

1. XtraDeconstruct: Legacy of Magic
1.1 Latest News (Changelog)

(23 August 2016) XtraDeconstruct 2.0.j. - Every Edition is the Last Edition

1.2 Compatibility Snippet (Extended List)

Compatible w/ LH 2.0, all DLC, Children of Storm 1.8.c., Black Market Bazaar 2.0., Champion Bonanza 1.3., and more.

1.3 Features (Extended Description)

Expands LH in a myriad of ways.

1.4 How-to Install (User Guide)

See A_UserGuide.txt

1.5 Endorse XtraDeconstruct (History)

Go to your Nexus Download History to endorse Mods (Thumbs up).

1.6 Download (NexusMods)

Download XtraDeconstruct: Legacy of Magic @ NexusMods (Free). Download page takes 15-20 seconds to load.

2. Credits & Feedback

(Hellions) ::: (davrovana) ::: (Heavenfall) ::: (Dhuran) ::: (attackdrone) ::: (Vithar133) ::: (Stardock)

Many users have made valuable contributions to this mod by giving feedback. This is so they realize that their feedback is appreciated.

NOTE: all feedback is valuable, so don't hesitate, but if you would like to answer specific questions, see post #1630.

1721 Replies +6
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
July 21, 2015 11:43:06 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

N/A

July 23, 2015 6:26:45 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

N/A

July 23, 2015 1:52:28 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

N/A

July 23, 2015 10:10:13 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Thanks Primal for another great update.  I was going to ask how to make the AI more aggressive but I see you have that covered )

July 23, 2015 11:46:22 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

N/A

July 24, 2015 7:04:17 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

N/A

July 25, 2015 10:26:19 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

N/A

July 29, 2015 12:50:34 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Sadly this mod is beyond buggy for me. (I really wish it all worked.) I've spent over 2 hours now tinkering with it trying to force it to work. (And yes I followed every... single... step, of the 200part installation-instructions-from-hell. (I actually re-did your mod into a really easy self installer in 15 minutes that removed most of the nightmare.)

Anyway, after 2 solid hours I've gotten some/most of it working now. But I've hit an absolute roadblock with the starting "The guild" scrolls you have to physically mod into custom characters not working correctly at all. They give ALL profession bonuses at once, AND they force you to play an assassin class no matter what. I tried it with default characters and different scrolls but they are ALL broken. I've even gone as far as to reinstall the mod twice, and even undid all my fixes and they are still completely broken, even if I remove the scrolls from my character the AI players all end up as assassins with 10+ mega-buffs and turn their sov into a god.

I've completely given up on this mod, it simply isn't worth my time anymore, I've had fewer issues installing 200+ skyrim mods and their 4+ step deep dependencies and getting them to all play nice than I have had trying to get this "1" to freaking work.

Anyway, I've purged this mod from my SSD and decided to just install smaller and more practically put together mods into the game. (Most of which thankfully are available apart from your mod.) I'm posting this mostly to vent my utter frustration at this "thing" you've made, I appreciate that you have likely spent a lot of time on it, but this simply isn't something I find well made.

PS: And I absolutely hate the #'s and such filling every single line of descriptions and stats. I had figured that was a bug till I read the troubleshooting part of your readme, the fact you don't see those as irritating is just beyond me.

I won't ever see any replies to this post, so no need to respond unless you just feel like posting about it. I just wanted to share an opinion from someone who absolutely hated this mod, and the utter frustration and annoyance it brought.

July 29, 2015 2:47:44 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Katana9000,

Anyway, after 2 solid hours I've gotten some/most of it working now. But I've hit an absolute roadblock with the starting "The guild" scrolls you have to physically mod into custom characters not working correctly at all. They give ALL profession bonuses at once, AND they force you to play an assassin class no matter what. I tried it with default characters and different scrolls but they are ALL broken. I've even gone as far as to reinstall the mod twice, and even undid all my fixes and they are still completely broken, even if I remove the scrolls from my character the AI players all end up as assassins with 10+ mega-buffs and turn their sov into a god.

So uh, the path scrolls give you all the paths until you end your turn ("one-turn paths" in the description). I'm assuming Assassin is the one that shows up because it's first alphabetically. I just pick a general skill at lvl 2 (normally you have to pick path at lvl 2 anyways, so its more of a bonus if anything) and everything was fine on the next level up. 

Anyhow, I got this game with the humble bundle, and I found this mod's instructions very detailed yet easy to follow and everything worked on setup. Sure, I crashed sometimes (game seems to eat RAM like a monster :/), but based on what I've read, the vanilla game isn't exactly stable either. I've also set up tons of Skyrim mods and found that to be far more time consuming to get to run properly.

July 29, 2015 4:23:51 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Katana9000,
...I really wish it all worked...

I don't think so; players that do usually come here and ask at least one question.

July 29, 2015 4:34:05 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I find(?) bug!

Ability 'dual class'

-> USE 'path ---'spell(ex: path assasin)

-> I have 'path of assasin'     but, LOST all 'path---' spell, REMAIN Ability 'dual class'

-> DISPELL enchant 'path of assasin', NOT RETURN path spell.

July 29, 2015 4:47:10 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Katana9000-

Based on the above behavior, you don't deserve to play mods for free. Your disgusting sense of entitlement and lack of respect is shocking. I am very glad to hear that you will not be returning to check replies.

Steam should re-instate paid mods so that modders can charge only you.

July 29, 2015 4:56:46 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

N/A

July 29, 2015 7:53:49 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I tried playing with _XD_ today for a first time, and while its mostly works i have a few comments and questions.

1. Dual Class. Please fix the A_UserGuide.txt! I think this is exactly the source of problems of people above. It states that to dual class you need to manually add and then use Consumable_X_Path_XXX scroll to you sovereign, which is total bullshit. But i was only able to understand that it is bullshit after i searched through .xml files for a hour or two.

TO ANYONE HAVING PROBLEMS WITH DUAL CLASS: dont do what is stated in A_UserGuide.txt. You just need to select dual class talent at creation. Before the first level up there will be a Paths enchantments in your spellbook. You need to cast one of them (the first path) and when you decide too switch just dispel it.

BTW, what is Consumable_X_Path_XXX goal? As far as i understand they are for forcing prebuild sovereigns into specified class under AI, but why they add all classes for one turn?

2.   A_UserGuide.txt section 2c states that deactivation of this files is optional. This is not true for at least some *Units.xml files - if you dont deactivate them you'll have default non-_XD_ converted sovereigns as AI players, which i think wont led to anything good.

3. Secrets of Deorcnysse (Ability_X_Deorcnysse1000) Its description states that i must select it for custom race, and all _XD_ races have it, but the only time this ability is checked is for some weird city improvement which cant be build anyway. Do i really have to select it? And why? Or is it some work in progress?

4. Prebuild sovereigns have a lot of "Is somethings" "talents". Custom one doesnt get them. Is it normal? Should i add them to my custom sovereign? Or is it AI only thingy?

5. "Go Home" and "Tireless Page" spells. WTF they are supposed to do? No good explanations anywhere. The description is really lacking.

6. _XD_ is compatible with or includes  most alive and interesting mods except Demons&Wizards. I wont say i miss D&W faith related stuff too much, but i really liked D&W Mage and Summoner Is there no compatible version for at least this paths?

7. Oh, one more thing. Whats the deal with adding 18 ini to anything? Is it to make all ini-altering spells and abilities less powerful without going through all of them?

July 29, 2015 8:53:15 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Primal_Savage,

Patch 1.8.g.1.

Uploaded Patch 1.8.g.1. for XtraDeconstruct 1.8.g. w/ the following:

- Path of the Paladin new ReadMe;

- Path of the Sorcerer new ReadMe;

- A fix for the Unlocked Custom Skins issue;

- A fix for a bunch of missing Axes (Basically all the new Axes) for Centaurs and Drota;

- XtraDeconstruct TechTree Image which will be found under ...\Mods\XtraDeconstruct\X_TechTree.png;

- A_FeaturesList.txt, found w/ the other .txt files, which is more or less the same as the !NEW! description found on NexusMods.

None of this is game breaking (Well, the axes might be annoying if you like playing Centaurs/Drota), so it's up to you to download or not. You don't need to have any of the Mods (Path of the Paladin, Path of the Sorcerer, Children of Storm) installed to download this Patch as the .xml for these things isn't "Mod specific".

To install, simply use "Extract Here" in

...\Documents\My Games\LegendaryHeroes\Mods\

Thanks for the update! Does this patch include the updates to the Paladin and Sorcerer 1.0?

July 30, 2015 12:02:51 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

N/A

July 30, 2015 1:16:40 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

N/A

July 30, 2015 7:25:24 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Primal_Savage,

1a. The A_UserGuide.txt does not state that you need to add a Path Scroll in order to Dual Class. It states that if you want to add a Path Scroll to Custom Sovereigns, you will need to do it manually.

It also states, as a Nota Bene, as a Postscript, as a NOTE, that in the particular case where you want to combine a Path Scroll + Dual Class Talent, you will need to do so in a particular manner. That is, you would need to cast the Path Spell first, and later on, when you dispel the Path Enchantment (Spell), you will be able to use the Path Scroll for your 2nd Path instead of waiting to level for the second Path, which is exactly what is stated:

Dual Class, available as a Custom Sovereign Talent, requires you to cast the Path Spell first or you won't be able to Dual Class.

That being said, I'll make it clear that the NOTE is for a particular case of Path Scroll + Dual Class Talent.

Well. Maybe it has something todo with english not being my native language, but... You read A_UserGuide.txt before you see any content of _XD_, at this point distinction between Path Spell and Path Scroll is kinda lost on you. Much clearer note is indeed needed.

Quoting Primal_Savage,

2. Not seeing that, the only thing I see is the Core Sovereigns are first in the list of selectable Sovereigns instead of being last, and that's because of the load order (Core files are loaded before Mod files, so not disabling CoreUnits.xml makes them first). However, the Sovereigns themselves are rewritten in the Mod files using the same InternalNames and will use Mod characteristics.

Yeah that was my mistake, i somehow missed dlc5 compatibility files.

July 30, 2015 10:01:22 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

LOL Thx god!! I understand this.

I have two questions

1. If I want return 1st path(ex: Lv1 -> 1st assasin -> Lv 10 -> 2nd warrior -> Lv 13 -> 1st assasin ), or how to return?

NOT return?

2. If not retrun, I ask to be excused,  how to edit your file??

July 30, 2015 3:46:02 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

N/A

July 30, 2015 5:27:55 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

WOW! Really thank you!!

Complete work!!

August 2, 2015 3:24:28 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

If I wanted to play with BMB/CB/CoS what files should I be downloading from those respective mods?  I notice theres compatibility patches within BMB files on nexus, not sure if I only need to download the base mods and use Xtra files specifically for compatibility if I want to use all 3 mods.

August 2, 2015 3:40:47 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

N/A

August 3, 2015 9:18:03 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

N/A

August 4, 2015 12:16:34 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Hi Primal,

First off, thanks for the great mod.  I'm enjoying the latest version!  Second, I think I found a bug.  A few times I received the notification that all my mana had run out which lead to my enchantments disappearing.  I couldn't figure out why because, at least prior to the start of that turn, I should have had enough mana for everything.  I eventually realized that it was linked to casting "Arcane Revelation".  Although the casting cost is listed as 50 for arcane revelation (and you can cast it if you have more than 50 mana) it actually appears to be taking 100 mana when cast which then puts you at negative mana at the end of the turn.  This mod and path of the ranger (I have the compatibility files installed) are the only ones I'm using.  Let me know if you need any other info and thanks again! 

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000844   Page Render Time: