Frequency of updates

By on April 24, 2015 6:13:50 AM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

Jungleelf

Join Date 12/2009
+4

Would it mean too much of an effort to give this site more updates from part of the developers? The dev team is not too big if I am right, so this could be unfeasable but I stop by every day, sometimes more often, and it seems that time is standing still. Nothing much happening in the vault either. I have to admit that I sport a rather impatient kind of mindset and maybe it's too early in the developing stage to present new stuff frequently but maybe there is a solution that is good for everybody.

What about having an official update day? Let's say update friday. There could be an official update every friday that everybody can look forward to. If you don't have anything to tell just give us another screenshot or a little audio file.

Another idea would be a series like 'daily screenshot' (as in 'a screenshot a day keeps boredom away').

You see, I am not talking about big things, just small treats

You got me exited about this game, even to the point of upgrading to the Founder's Liftetime Editon, and now the exitement has to be fed

It would be interesting to know, by the way, how many people have joined the Founder's Program.

Locked Post 28 Replies +1
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
April 24, 2015 8:24:01 AM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

I totally agree with this. I have the Founders lifetime edition as well and just can't wait to start playing at least the friends and family alpha.

April 24, 2015 9:41:00 AM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

Frogboy is out of town, so that's why there's been a drop off (and he's working to get GalCiv III shipped). I'll try to be around more, though. Ask away!

Disclaimer (doesn't mean I'll answer or tell you the truth).

April 24, 2015 11:21:39 AM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

I agree with the previous Speakers.

No Information, no News about the Development-Process of Ashes of the Singularity.

I do not think that i am a Founder but only a Payer!

Frogboy is the only One that gives a little Information about the Game!

When i see Galactic Civilations 3 im disappointed about the development. 9 Months in Early Access. Is this the same Way for Ashes?

I really think to Cancel my Found. Here is Nothing about the Game!

April 24, 2015 12:02:15 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

We have some great plans for delivering info and things will definitely take off more once the alpha hits.

April 25, 2015 5:05:08 AM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

I am looking forward to that.

April 25, 2015 7:57:30 AM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

Quoting Island Dog,

We have some great plans for delivering info and things will definitely take off more once the alpha hits.

Ok, so i will wait for the Alpha

I like the Games from Stardock and i play Sins of a Solar Empire and Fallen Enchantress and on my "Interest-List" is Galactic Civilizations 3.

So i hope your Words are true and not only Public Relations!

I like what i hear and see about Ashes of the Singularity and i impressed from the Demo. This Demo is the reason that i founded für Ashes AND im a Fan from ATI/AMD!

But what is with AMD? Is that a good Decision to wait so long with the Release of the 300Series only to be the First with HBM-Ram?

Im very satisfied with my R9 280X but the Release is almost 2 Years ago and im really disappointed about there "long Time 300Series"! Nvidia will roll they flat, unfortunately.

AMD pusht your Game but the Future of AMD is in the Dark!

No Infos too and im a old Fan of this Company but the Future is Dark.

April 25, 2015 5:37:42 PM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

The founders' program is built upon Brad's magical stay-up-all-night powers, but even those fail sometimes.

April 26, 2015 1:15:06 PM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

So GalCiv III is Priority right now? i guess i understand that, i hope they will finish with the game asap so they can concentrate in AOTS

I don't like turn based games that why i don't support them, but if you guys give us more RTS games i am all in!. Sill waiting for Stardock to announce Sins of a Solar Empire 2.

April 27, 2015 1:49:19 AM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

I'm up still but currently finishing the AI on GalCiv III.

let me know what kinds of things you want to know.

April 27, 2015 8:53:22 AM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

If you asked me, I just would like to see more on Ashes in general. Nothing specific. But since you asked I would suggest presenting the units, one per week maybe.

Give one or two screenshots and some concept art. Describe the idea behind the unit, what it's role is and what it can do (weapons, armor, speed, any special abilities; just roughly)

April 27, 2015 1:52:55 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

I think the founder's area includes all the Post-Human units now.

April 27, 2015 3:21:17 PM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

What about creating a new Pinned Post and put all the answered questions there for us to read, and every week you take 10-20 questions from the Forums and answer them for us... there are so many unanswered questions out there that it will take you a month if you answer 10-20 at a time.

So by doing that you will help us understand the game and were its going, something like what they do in star Citizen but without Video.

April 27, 2015 7:34:08 PM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

@Frogboy: you got me wrong. I thought about an in depth look at each unit. But it doesn't matter. That was just a suggestion. I would just like to see more happening on this page.

ASADDF's idea is not so bad either. Just some new stuff regularly.

April 30, 2015 4:18:44 AM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

I guess they are really busy right now working non stop on Galactic Civilization III to release it on May 14. so I guess I wont bother anymore till after that date, good luck Stardock you have 15 more days to go.

April 30, 2015 1:12:17 PM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

Okay, so here's a little something: This week we've been working on gameplay differentiations between the PHC and the Substrate. There are many little things that separate these groups, but we want to go deeper in terms of play style. We're not quite there yet, but we've got some solid ideas that we think will work out. 

We've also been looking at battle group formations in terms of behavior, unit spacing, etc. so that things work as intended. 

It's not sexy stuff on the surface, but it's all part of the development that makes a great game in the end.

April 30, 2015 6:32:06 PM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

That's all I want! Some news about what's going on. Cool to hear what you are working on. Have those 5 lines really taken so much time and effort? Do that regurlarly so that people don't get frustrated after cheching by day after day without anything new from you developers. Would be very welcome!

May 1, 2015 1:14:07 PM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

Quoting Yarlen,

Okay, so here's a little something: This week we've been working on gameplay differentiations between the PHC and the Substrate. There are many little things that separate these groups, but we want to go deeper in terms of play style. We're not quite there yet, but we've got some solid ideas that we think will work out. 

We've also been looking at battle group formations in terms of behavior, unit spacing, etc. so that things work as intended. 

It's not sexy stuff on the surface, but it's all part of the development that makes a great game in the end.

Sounds good to me. Keep up the great work!

May 1, 2015 4:59:11 PM from Servo Forums Servo Forums

So from playtesting this week one thing that is very clear is that map design is key to having a good time. If a map is well designed, you can have a lot of fun and everything feels right. If not, you get annoyed by resource issues and other little imbalances. 

May 1, 2015 9:10:34 PM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

Yarlen/Stardock, it's really time to miniaturize those founders badges - you don't want to end up like ....

this 

May 2, 2015 9:14:56 AM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

Play testing now we are all jealous

May 4, 2015 5:52:48 PM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

I guess you have to test the game playing as a developer It won't take too long until it's our turn I think. We'll see. As long as informations keep coming I am fine.

May 5, 2015 1:27:34 PM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

Hehe, yeah, the crew is looking into reducing the size of the badges to prevent overload.

May 5, 2015 6:51:13 PM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

Yes especially if there's a sins of a solar empire 2 founders badge as well 

Cough cough nudge nudge wink wink

May 6, 2015 12:54:53 AM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

lol
Dammit just tell us will Sins 2 gonna happen this year? at least some news?

May 11, 2015 9:49:43 AM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Latest Info about Sins 2:

http://forums.galciv3.com/464933/page/1/#3547399

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000406   Page Render Time: