Ashes: WHO should become a founder? PLEASE READ

By on June 17, 2015 11:07:00 PM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

Frogboy

Join Date 03/2001
+1490

The Founder's program works around the ALPHA build of Ashes of the Singularity.  

If you are joining in the hopes of playing a fun game, don't.  It's NOT fun yet.   

So who should join and why?

We're mainly interested in these types of people to join:

(1) Power Users.  People who know tech and can give us a lot of feedback on the tech.

(2) RTS experts. Particularly Total Annihilation, Company of Heroes, Starcraft 2 and SupCom veterans.

In other words, not for casual players. 

What are we looking for from people?

There are a lot of important UI conventions that we will need to nail down. There will be a lot of balance.  We will ultimately be compared to Starcraft II: Legacy of the Void and SUpCom: FA and the latest CoH which have had years of balance and content added.  Through the right group of founders, we can shave years off the time it'll take to get the proper balance, AI strategies, and UI conventions nailed down.

Active founders will be given extra keys to give out to their friends (these keys will only work until the release of the game and only work multiplayer). We are going to be attempting a lot of meta game stuff with the multiplayer game.  We expect most people will play the game single player but multilayer is a major focus as well for us.

Helpful tools:

I recommend JING for taking screenshots and marking them up.  You can even submit your images to their site and then link to the images here.  

The Sausage Factory

Founders are going to see the down and dirty of game development.  That means, you'll be seeing us try out different ideas that we may throw out later.  When it comes to UI, balance, game rules, almost nothing is off the table.  Where we'll be constrained will be map features (like different types of forests) and units.

Spoilers

<spoilers below>

Those who get the lifetime edition get all the DLC plus the major expansions we have in mind which include:

Ashes: <Naval Units and Oceans expansion>

Ashes: <Aggressive neutrals - that's as vague as I can get, it'll be very exciting>

Ashes: <Third race>

The DLC will mostly be map stuff, more units, more campaign stuff.  

Who is making Ashes?

It's a join effort by Oxide Games and Stardock. More specifically, the team includes people who were major parts (as in leadership roles) on Sins of a Solar Empire, Galactic Civilizations, Civilization V, Demigod, Lord of the Rings RTS and more.

The basic schedule:

• Founders Alpha Series (engine testing, UI arguments, MP is disabled): June/July 2015
  • Founders Alpha MP series (MP is enabled, UI and balance arguments): August/Sept 2015
  • Steam early access (tentative IF we think it's ready): 4Q2015
  • Release: 2016

In short, we have a long way to go still.

Modding:

As I've been doing with Sorcerer King, I may recruit people from the community to work with me on the game. Ashes is very moddable.  I should also mention, we'll be contracting people from the community (i.e. with Sorcerer King, I contracted people from the community for $$ to implement the quests in the game that we wrote up, was a wonderful experience and made some great new friends). 

To mod, you will need to get a good CSV editor as that is the format we're storing everything in. 

55 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
June 19, 2015 7:50:26 AM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

The game does look interesting at first glance I've been playing rts games like the Starcraft series, SoaSE and such for long time and I do love the art style of the game specially the larger ships however, the one thing I feel may make it or break it for me is the fact I've fallen in love with the empire building part of Sins and have moved away from more of the direct RTS games. I really enjoy the feeling of building my empire wether its my military, trade research etc. and prefer the large scale of sins. Another thing i noticed that kind of turns me away atm is the fact that the highest amount of players is 2v2? So far? I mean it looks like a beautiful game and I'll probably invest into the basic founders pack at least till I feel if i can enjoy it well enough but I can't say i can detach myself from having a living economy like trade ports and other similar content from the game. Dunno being the Emperor of your own empire and conquering your enemies is highly appealing to me and with the promise of being an epic scale game I wonder if it can rival SINS for me stardock.

July 3, 2015 3:09:21 AM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

I have Arrived Leader of the Iconic DI clan in Sup com, If there is not already a private forum should be put up just for Founders to put Game play input, No offence to the readers ... but if you want the info without having to scan though the (just any one posts) we should have a private forum were we are given a code to get into for the beta.

My computer spec are as followed

AMD FX9590 OCed to 5.2 Liquid cooled

25 gigs ram Dominator Platinum 1333 Oced to 2150

Dual R 9 Tri X 290 X in crossfire

ROG Crosshair Vz

1 TB SSD Samsung tweaked to read write  to 3.5 gh and 4 gh

coolermaster 1200 watt PSU

that's my main spec's

I do have a question to start off, I haven't finished reading the rest of the forums but will this game support multi core adaptive processing and will cross fire/sli actualy work and up to how many cards will it support.

PS I have an experienced Modder for you if interested from the DI clan PM me for more info and ill tell here you wish to meet her....

Thx in advance

July 3, 2015 3:21:49 AM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

So I see there is a private forum how do the founders get in ?

July 3, 2015 12:40:22 PM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

Quoting DI_HAVOC,

I do have a question to start off, I haven't finished reading the rest of the forums but will this game support multi core adaptive processing and will cross fire/sli actualy work and up to how many cards will it support.

PS I have an experienced Modder for you if interested from the DI clan PM me for more info and ill tell here you wish to meet her....

Thx in advance

Yes, we will scale across up to 16 cores pretty well. Crossfire is explicitly supporting in Mantle, and we are working on DX12 explicit SLI and crossfire support. In the alpha, however, it's disabled by default. You have to go into the ini and set AFRGPU=1 and make sure you run in fullscreen mode. Right now we only support 2 cards. We have no definite time-table for DX12 MGPU support, as it depends on driver availability. We do expect it to be functional well before launch though.

July 3, 2015 5:14:09 PM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

I have sold my two R 9 Tri X 290 X, looking to buy the new R9 fury X water cool soon once i receive the money for my other 2 cards, And Thx for the info Sir Knowledge is always welcome

July 3, 2015 7:11:11 PM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

Quoting DI_HAVOC,

So I see there is a private forum how do the founders get in ?

If you are a founder you will be able to head right in. Not sure what the process is for new founders getting access. Maybe admins have to add you or it's an automated process. I'm going with the former being the method of access though.

Quoting DI_HAVOC,

I have sold my two R 9 Tri X 290 X, looking to buy the new R9 fury X water cool soon once i receive the money for my other 2 cards, And Thx for the info Sir Knowledge is always welcome

I'm not sure how I feel about the Fury X cards right now. I am going to wait and see what future driver updates do for performance. I really wish AMD would be a little more competitive with their hardware. It seems they fall a little more behind with every release. It's depressing.

July 4, 2015 4:16:21 AM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

Quoting MindlessMe,

I'm not sure how I feel about the Fury X cards right now. I am going to wait and see what future driver updates do for performance. I really wish AMD would be a little more competitive with their hardware. It seems they fall a little more behind with every release. It's depressing.

well im not sure what your meaning, it goes toe to toe with the Titan X for 2500 and costs 900.00 most AMD cars have double the streams vs any Crapvidia in its class and AMD does not lie to sell their product last i counted 8 to 10 Law suits against them for Patton infringements lie's about how fast their chips are and lieing about how much ram they have on their cards not to mention lie/cooking the benchmarking on the driver stats. I at least Know what im getting from AMD and for less money i can play with the intell fan boys with the 5000.00 rigs and i only spent 1500.00 and laugh all the way to the bank with the extra >:

No Offense to the Crapvidia fanboys i just wont support Companies they have to lie to sell a inferior product, AMD may be a bit slower but i take Quality over Hype anyway. and having almost 3 times the BW to open the ram pipe is awesome since the mother board i have can deal with it and wont bottleneck 

Here is some proof Cross fire Fury X vs Titan X http://www.digitalstorm.com/unlocked/amd-fury-x-crossfire-gaming-benchmarks-vs-sli-titan-x-idnum361/

Oh yes and since i have the reference cards the tri X 290 X with 4016 streams and 1024 bit core clock of 1040, i think i got a test card that was out for 1 week and vanished off the market and i have been very happy with them. and i don't need lol haha G sync to prevent tearing and screen spiting HAHA the idiots that pay for that have more cash than brains, AMD just don't have those issues. and no im not only AMD fan i used nvidia before and i found them to be well less than acceptable for my MAXING out every graphic option possible.

July 4, 2015 5:55:51 AM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

Quoting MindlessMe,

If you are a founder you will be able to head right in. Not sure what the process is for new founders getting access. Maybe admins have to add you or it's an automated process. I'm going with the former being the method of access though.

Ok can a Admin let me in the founders forum please i own the 99.00 founders pack but my steam/star dock accounts are dif and merging the two account are not going to be an option for security/billing reasons.

If an admin wishes i will pm them my receipt number for proof of perchance

Thx in advance

July 11, 2015 6:06:40 AM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

well ..... no reply ... and no help ... do you need a forum Mod here .... a real beta tester with real Years of exp... Someone who can Actually work on getting the info you need to shape the game .... I'm for Hire i have beta testing Exp dating back to 1998, Before the time of paying to get into a bata to play a game before anyone else, we actually worked to fix and eliminate bugs Brain stormed to Shape the beginning and end of development. and my gaming reputation speaks for it self DI has been a clan of beta testers for over 10 years and we have over 700 members world wide.

July 11, 2015 1:42:34 PM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

Quoting MindlessMe,

We're seeing good results on DX12 in terms of driver stability and overhead on the Fury. The Fury does a particularly good job at 4k rendering on Ashes, (meaning it's viable over a cross-fire solution). If you have a 4k monitor, Ashes looks particularlly good due to all the small stuff that can be on the screen.

July 11, 2015 2:26:12 PM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

Just can't wait to see these forums explode once the Beta Master gets his access. We need more elitists with an opinion you must hear and agree with or you are just another nub, right?

July 15, 2015 10:21:29 PM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

Still no help from anyone to get my account in the founders forums .... Who is the admin to get this done .... Can they PM me please still gives Access Denied

Thx in advance

July 17, 2015 4:03:18 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

DI_HAVOC - I've created a ticket for you and you will receive it shortly.

July 18, 2015 1:33:52 AM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

Quoting Kollok,

Quoting MindlessMe,

We're seeing good results on DX12 in terms of driver stability and overhead on the Fury. The Fury does a particularly good job at 4k rendering on Ashes, (meaning it's viable over a cross-fire solution). If you have a 4k monitor, Ashes looks particularlly good due to all the small stuff that can be on the screen.

Very nice! Glad to see that you are getting noticeable gains from the cards.

July 22, 2015 2:08:04 PM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

Can an admin also add me as a founder? There seems to be no way other get this done. I can provide proof of purchase etc.

July 22, 2015 2:18:21 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting TheBoden,

Can an admin also add me as a founder? There seems to be no way other get this done. I can provide proof of purchase etc.

This is happening because the game isn't on your account. Not sure if you purchased with different email or account, but please contact support and they'll get it sorted.

http://www.stardock.com/support/

July 24, 2015 11:52:49 AM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

So i've got it on my account but some forum posts are still giving me access denied? I can see that i'm a founder so why am i not allowed access?

July 27, 2015 9:36:38 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting TheBoden,

So i've got it on my account but some forum posts are still giving me access denied? I can see that i'm a founder so why am i not allowed access?

Please clear your cookies, cache, log out of Stardocks forums and then attempt to log back into them and try again.

August 3, 2015 1:17:24 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Ok The Nub is here (you are just another nub, right?)

Had to make a new account with my billing email? so now i had to change my info in my billing so no one can get my billing info.. no offense your support tells me everything is secure lol Sony said that too until they were hit ... again no offense...but i just spent 2 weeks with cryptic getting my lift time STO account back .... supporting the reason of using dif emails for dif sites.

so what s new and i have arrived

DI Havoc

August 4, 2015 1:06:23 AM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

wow you guys tell me to login with a new account and ban it right away .... WTH ... I follow your instructions just to get band .... Really might as well ban this account too 2 week to sort out your incompetency in a billing issue, and your going to build a game .. i can just see were its going just refund my 150.00 Can and im outa here

August 4, 2015 9:22:24 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting cpletourneau,

Ok The Nub is here (you are just another nub, right?)

Had to make a new account with my billing email? so now i had to change my info in my billing so no one can get my billing info.. no offense your support tells me everything is secure lol Sony said that too until they were hit ... again no offense...but i just spent 2 weeks with cryptic getting my lift time STO account back .... supporting the reason of using dif emails for dif sites.

so what s new and i have arrived

DI Havoc

As I had explained in the ticket, to access the Founders Vault, you needed to create an account with the game registration on it. You didn't need to create the account to post to the forums, as you already have DI_HAVOC. It had nothing to do with your billing info. Billing info would just be your name/address/email, as we do not store payment info. I cannot make this any more clear, we do not store your payment info. This is also not the thread for this post, the ticket is where you should be posting your inquiry to.

August 4, 2015 9:26:55 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting DI_HAVOC,

wow you guys tell me to login with a new account and ban it right away .... WTH ... I follow your instructions just to get band .... Really might as well ban this account too 2 week to sort out your incompetency in a billing issue, and your going to build a game .. i can just see were its going just refund my 150.00 Can and im outa here

I'm not sure why you believe you're banned, but you are not. Your problem is not a billing issue and this really is not the place to discuss this. Please refrain from posting to this thread and instead post to the ticket you have open with support. Any further off-topic posts will be removed.

August 18, 2015 11:36:54 AM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

Where and how do we file bug and feedback reports?

August 18, 2015 5:44:46 PM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

Can I buy the life time pack a few months later too? since the release is still far away

August 19, 2015 8:48:49 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting naxeem,

Where and how do we file bug and feedback reports?

The Ashes support forums would be the place to post.

http://forums.ashesofthesingularity.com/forum/1120 

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000234   Page Render Time: