New Nvidea driver directly to AOTS dx 12

By on August 14, 2015 10:35:53 AM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

TAG_Utter

Join Date 03/2015
+18

http://www.nvidia.co.uk/download/driverResults.aspx/89369/en-uk

Nvidea  released to AOTS the new DX 12 driver 

Version 355.60  WHQL

Try and comment .

Locked Post 15 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
August 14, 2015 10:39:50 AM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

You cannot try it yet, because there is no new build for AOTS.

I think Stardock/Oxide are still waiting on AMD to release their new drivers.

August 14, 2015 10:48:32 AM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

I havent try yet but, since Nvidea have done this to this game wy not respect them work and just forgot AMD that only have them drivers in 8/12 months.

If we will wait to AMD then nvidea will now this game have no respect for them ...or im rong?

driver  from nvidea to AOTS

I think something here in dx 12 AMD vs Nvidea im not get!!!

August 14, 2015 10:57:38 AM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

This is nice yes, but if you look at the Hardware Survey post, you see that there is a lot of players who Use ATI Graphic cards, so i guess that's why the Dev's are waiting for AMD.

August 14, 2015 12:00:32 PM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

On the other hand if they released without AMD drivers, that lights a little fire under AMD to get the drivers out.

August 14, 2015 12:33:42 PM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

If they're waiting for AMD, they could at least type some words in order that we know why the new build isn't available

August 14, 2015 12:46:10 PM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

The whole reason I shifted from atI years ago was because of poor drivers, fair play to nvidia they where proper on the ball.  Now because of amd we are having to wait even longer than the already postponed date .. Come on its alpha release it's not like it's final release.  All this just Because they added a benchmark test.  

Remove it and patch it in when all the graphics card companys agree thay they all look suffciently leet enough ..

August 14, 2015 2:05:57 PM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

Going by various videos shown off before it seems the developers might be quite close to AMD so they wouldn't want to put them at a disadvantage. Sites like anandtech looked at and benchmarked the Starswarm demo so I imagine they will be looking at this. It will be nice to see the difference dx12 brings across different types of systems both with gpus and cpus. I'm very curious if a 6-core cpu will now be markedly better than 4 core for this game and future dx12 games.

August 14, 2015 2:48:12 PM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

I hope it will be too, I've had no reason to upgrade my original core i7 .. Heck I don't even run it oc'ed anymore there's just nothing out there that really pushes my hardware.  Odds are if a game is running slow it's the games fault and me chucking another 3k of PC at it would probably get very marginal gains.  

It it would nice to once aGain see that exponential growth curve again for PC hardware, the only time I get to see progress nowadays is watch halt and catch fire for some old school progress haha.  

Just on on a completely different note, I was playing gal civ 3 last night does anyone know if dx12 version will come to that ? It doesn't seem to far out of the realm of possible since the games already 64bit.

August 14, 2015 3:32:39 PM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

Seeing the new driver update on my geforce experience for my Titan X, 

Was exactly the reason why i bought the game. Cool having the first DX 12 game, 

However why would they release the Alpha, earlier before the drivers are ready of their Business associaties/Sponsors AMD.

Now we Founders/Lifetimers, are punished. 

While Game sites are getting the DX12 version earlier than us.... 

let me quote from the Journals: Source: http://www.ashesofthesingularity.com/journals

"

Windows 10 support

With Windows 10 looming we are in the process of sending out Ashes code to game sites who want to benchmark DirectX 12 with the only native DirectX 12 PC game: Ashes of the Singularity.

"

and

"

• Officially released to the media: August 13
  • Released to the Founders: August 20

"

We will have to wait till August the 20th....

August 14, 2015 3:52:25 PM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

Quoting skapunker2013,

Officially released to the media: August 13
Released to the Founders: August 20

Thanks for finding that date, means i don't have to keep checking back to see if it was available yet or not. Just forget about it for a few days.

August 14, 2015 3:52:59 PM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

Quoting skapunker2013,

Seeing the new driver update on my geforce experience for my Titan X, 

Was exactly the reason why i bought the game. Cool having the first DX 12 game, 

However why would they release the Alpha, earlier before the drivers are ready of their Business associaties/Sponsors AMD.

Now we Founders/Lifetimers, are punished. 

While Game sites are getting the DX12 version earlier than us.... 

let me quote from the Journals: Source: http://www.ashesofthesingularity.com/journals

"

Windows 10 support

With Windows 10 looming we are in the process of sending out Ashes code to game sites who want to benchmark DirectX 12 with the only native DirectX 12 PC game: Ashes of the Singularity.

"

and

"

• Officially released to the media: August 13

• Released to the Founders: August 20

"

We will have to wait till August the 20th....

, well 20th of August then.... They could at least post something here to keep us informed....

August 14, 2015 3:59:51 PM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

Yes, I agree. Founders edition, since release no updates... but please just let us know that it is not coming today...

August 14, 2015 4:00:22 PM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

Yeah that's for win 10 dx12 build.  We was told a new build for dx11 would be given 2 weeks ago since there has been no new build since the founders program started.  There has really been little or nothing to comment on other than what frog boys post have said are in the new build, I guess they are just going to wait till the 20th for both dx11 and dx12.

August 14, 2015 4:19:40 PM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

A little disappointed because I convinced myself it would be around the 13th. I think the dates on that journal page were ninja edited at some point because originally it was the 6th and 13th, now it's the 13th and 20th. The history does not indicate when that change was made.

Anyway, I'm also happy to wait another week. Maybe they'll be able to get in some cool feature this next week that we would have otherwise missed.

August 15, 2015 12:56:16 AM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

Quoting eviator,

A little disappointed because I convinced myself it would be around the 13th. I think the dates on that journal page were ninja edited at some point because originally it was the 6th and 13th, now it's the 13th and 20th. The history does not indicate when that change was made.

Anyway, I'm also happy to wait another week. Maybe they'll be able to get in some cool feature this next week that we would have otherwise missed.

Disappointed too, at least there is a post now saying that  it's going to be the 20th but i think the founder thing would at least give us the same advantage as the "press". Did they paid more than us?

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000453   Page Render Time: