Dev's - Can my computer run this game?

By on August 14, 2015 4:44:08 PM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

tristanl

Join Date 06/2014

i think that this game looks as if it might be the best RTS game to have been made, as someone who enjoys games like "Wargame : Red Dragon", "Planetary Annihilation" and "Dawn of War : Soulstorm" i think this game is similar enough for me.

So, here's my Specs

Computer Specs

So dev's, can my computer do it on minimum settings?

16 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
August 14, 2015 5:52:46 PM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

I would say you might want to wait.  It's really on the edge.

August 15, 2015 5:27:15 AM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

thanks for the reply, so how long do you reckon until this game is optimized enough for me?

December 22, 2015 8:50:08 PM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

Quoting Frogboy,

I would say you might want to wait.  It's really on the edge.

How much longer do you reckon?

December 23, 2015 5:24:59 AM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

Optimising is normally done right at the end of development (i.e. now)  It is your GPU that is the problem. Apart from being on the slow side it only has 1gig of VRAM and at the moment the game requires 2gig. The game is meant to release in March so unless the devs let you know earlier we should get an update on min specs on or a little before the games release (most games do it sometime before). 

December 23, 2015 3:42:42 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

For a 650?  No way.  Not really on the edge.  A 680 is slow but serviceable, I can run the benchmark with 15-20 fps and a medium map runs fairly smooth at 2560x1440.  A 650 has about a third of the horse power, you're going to be doing 10 fps, maybe better and maybe worse, but you'll never get anywhere near 30 on that thing.

You can, however, buy a 970, and have good performance in dx12 with the rest of your rig as is.

December 23, 2015 4:21:22 PM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

He's running it at 1280x1024 so it has a chance of working on low settings when better optimised.

December 23, 2015 8:30:53 PM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

The 600 series is well-served technically and dollar-wise by an upgrade to 970 or better. Of course, everyone has their budget and monetary priorities. Otherwise, your platform does just fine. This game's going to be driven by the GPU. That's where you budget needs to be focused. Good luck and join the fun!

December 27, 2015 8:15:29 AM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

oh yeah! it should.

December 27, 2015 8:26:51 AM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

Is there a particular reason you want a mini version? If not you could get something like http://www.scan.co.uk/products/4gb-gigabyte-gtx-960-windforce-2x-oc-pcie-30-(x16)-7010mhz-gddr5-gpu-1216mhz-boost-1279mhz-cores-102 which is a few quid cheaper and be a little bit faster with the over clock.

December 27, 2015 12:51:43 PM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

I really am wary of Gigabyte's graphic cards and the overclocks.

For one GPU overclocs are utterly pointless for two they have a extremely high rate of fried GPUs

the ONE thing you NEVER wanna do is overclock your GPU because it will just burn out.

I have a friend of mine who lost a gigabyte OCed graphic card right as the warranty had ended. it had simply fried. no unusual use no nada.

December 27, 2015 2:22:45 PM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

I was thinking about getting my son a new graphics card.  He currently is using a 660ti.  I was looking at the 960 because I really don't want to go over $200 for a video card.  What I am debating is if I should wait for the next series of video cards or should I make the jump now.  It looks like the Nvidia has lowered their prices some what.  Any options? 

December 27, 2015 3:52:49 PM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

You are right tatsu, I would not overclock a card either, you only ever get a couple of fps extra but may shorten the cards life very significantly. I do tend to think factory OC ones are safer than doing it yourself (A bunch of people I know are using factory OC'd Gigabyte cards and they are doing fine) and just wanted to offer alternatives as I think a premium is paid for a mini card and if your case is a normal size then it is not needed. A non-overclocked one would also be fine.

Zorin1, I would wait if I were you. The new cards coming should be very significantly better. And if they are a touch on the pricey side they might push better cards into your budget range. TBH I also think the 960 is not a great card and a 660ti can limp along a bit longer

December 27, 2015 4:19:26 PM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

It's definitely all about the video card.  As long as you have 4 cores you're fine.

My home box is a Core i7-920 (2009 era) and I put a Radeon 290 in it and it runs great on high resolution at Windows 7.

December 27, 2015 7:22:31 PM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

Hey Brad, what graphics card should I get if I want 60 FPS on minimum?

January 2, 2016 6:47:18 PM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

Quoting Frogboy,

It's definitely all about the video card.  As long as you have 4 cores you're fine.

My home box is a Core i7-920 (2009 era) and I put a Radeon 290 in it and it runs great on high resolution at Windows 7.

Dual-boot some Win10/DX12 on that thing for more testing! 

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000609   Page Render Time: