No steam key listed

By on September 9, 2015 1:18:00 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

SAL0x2328

Join Date 12/2013

Hi I put in an email to tech support (NHT-922-60434) but it seems that it may take a while for them to get to this (ticket volumes have been unusually high) so I thought I would post here too.

I have no steam key listed for my copy of Ashes (or Sins of a Solar Empire). I tried clicking on hide/show keys and it removes the steam instructions below the game titles but still no keys. I tried different browsers, operating systems, computers, and networks but that didn't help. I do have access to the vault, it shows up in my order history, and in downloads (just not with a key). I have read that it can take time for the key to appear but also that that is when the purchase gets flagged for some reason.

So hopefully this is a simple fix, but if I have to wait for tech support to get to the ticket and sort it out so be it.

Thanks

13 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
September 9, 2015 1:22:19 AM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

I don't have a Steam key listed either, but it was included in the emailed receipt. Did you get one of those? In it, the key should be next to the title of the game above where the costs are listed.

September 9, 2015 1:47:15 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I have a receipt with a place that is labeled "Steam Product Code:" but next to it is a blank space.

September 9, 2015 1:52:34 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Apparently the purchase was pending. I was confused when I already had vault access...

September 9, 2015 2:30:21 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

We are sorry that this has affected some of you.

By design, Valve limits the number of Steam keys we can issue for games in this stage of development. With that, and the overwhelming interest in the game, there have been some orders that did not have a key properly applied to them.

As a temporary measure, we will be issuing general release Ashes Steam keys to all that did purchase the Lifetime Founders product. With it, you will be able to download, install, and use the product. Those keys should be applied to your account sometime this week.

Since we are far from what one would enjoy with the proper key (future DLC being the most important), this will not be an immediate issue. Later, we will do some key magic to make sure you get all that you are entitled to with your Lifetime Founders purchase.

That said, thank you for your patronage and patience.

September 9, 2015 2:31:13 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

RE:Rebellion Steam key: It doesn't show because you purchased Rebellion on Steam.

September 9, 2015 7:42:35 PM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

Quoting The_Gear,

We are sorry that this has affected some of you.

By design, Valve limits the number of Steam keys we can issue for games in this stage of development. With that, and the overwhelming interest in the game, there have been some orders that did not have a key properly applied to them.

As a temporary measure, we will be issuing general release Ashes Steam keys to all that did purchase the Lifetime Founders product. With it, you will be able to download, install, and use the product. Those keys should be applied to your account sometime this week.

Since we are far from what one would enjoy with the proper key (future DLC being the most important), this will not be an immediate issue. Later, we will do some key magic to make sure you get all that you are entitled to with your Lifetime Founders purchase.

That said, thank you for your patronage and patience.

Just making sure that you know; I initially received a key when purchasing the standard edition, and later bought the $55 upgrade to the lifetime edition. It seems that as a result of your recent efforts, I have received a second Steam key (it's in a receipt for the 'Ashes Founder's Lifetime Edition Upgrade' product).

September 10, 2015 8:49:00 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting HateDread,

HateDread

That's normal. The new key is the upgrade key to upgrade your current edition in Steam.

September 10, 2015 9:14:38 AM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

Quoting The_Gear,

Quoting HateDread,

HateDread

That's normal. The new key is the upgrade key to upgrade your current edition in Steam.

Roger that - just making sure that you weren't somehow losing a bunch of keys

(In regards to your actual answer - is the key meant to be 'activated' on Steam the normal way? Steam tells me I already have the game, which makes sense, but no real confirmation of an 'upgrade' of any sort. Maybe it's too early for such things?) 

September 10, 2015 1:29:10 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting The_Gear,

We are sorry that this has affected some of you...

...That said, thank you for your patronage and patience.

No problem just wanted to make sure that there was not an issue with the purchase on my end, or that it something that actually needed attention. I’m happy to support a new inventive RTS like Ashes.

I played my first game of Ashes (vs the AI) and it looks and runs pretty well for pre-beta. The (early) Alpha of planetary annihilation seemed much more unfished, but it was fun that I could stack infinite buildings on top of each other for a while, once the AI was implemented well enough to fight it also was too inefficient for the few hundred units you would need for a good battle (on my machine) but now it runs with thousands of units fighting at once. Have not been able to see what a big battle is like in Ashes yet, the AI beat me in victory points just as are armies (my had about 300 units [counting a ‘squadron’ of three vehicles as 3 units vs their army [at least 100 units but it took out my scouts before I could get a good idea]).

September 11, 2015 9:28:30 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting HateDread,

Quoting The_Gear,

Quoting HateDread,

HateDread

(In regards to your actual answer - is the key meant to be 'activated' on Steam the normal way? Steam tells me I already have the game, which makes sense, but no real confirmation of an 'upgrade' of any sort. Maybe it's too early for such things?) 

We're looking into that right now, thank you for letting us know

October 10, 2015 8:32:16 AM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

Quoting The_Gear,

Quoting HateDread,

Quoting The_Gear,

Quoting HateDread,

HateDread

We're looking into that right now, thank you for letting us know

I have the same Problem as HateDread has .

I have bought the Standart version first and today the Lifetime Upgrade and i get a Key and on Steam it also tells me that i have the Game already.

So there is nothing confirmation too that i have now the Lifetime Upgrade.

Thx for your help:)

October 12, 2015 8:35:43 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

As long as you've purchased the upgrade, you'll be taken care of. We have some work to do on our side which will change your version to Lifetime.

October 12, 2015 12:24:42 PM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

Quoting The_Gear,

As long as you've purchased the upgrade, you'll be taken care of. We have some work to do on our side which will change your version to Lifetime.

Okay, thx for the answer.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000422   Page Render Time: