Next Ashes update just about done. 0.63!

By on November 7, 2015 3:24:16 PM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

Frogboy

Join Date 03/2001
+1478

What? Another update? It's only been like a few days since the last big update right?

The Ashes team is on fire. Not literally. Well, maybe. That's an issue for the courts to work out.

Anyway here's what we're looking at delivering EARLY this next week:

* A new HUGE map with lots of open spaces. Anthys.

* We got some big performance improvements going in thanks to some new memory compression techniques that have made it in.

* First pass at ground damage. The boom boom is going to start doing visual changes to the environment with this build.

* F2 key should do cycle through idle factories.

* When you hit the pause key, an overlay will show up displaying all the hot keys.

* The first nearly finalized unit: The Brute finally gets in.

* Lots of balance changes including:

a. The scout unit is now a lone unit, not a group of 3.
b. Brutes come out in a squad of 4.
c. Bigger difference in cost/damage between the tiers

* Updated empire tree

* New music added from composer Geoff Knorr (Civilization V) and Richard Gibbs (Battlestar Galactica)

* Lots of bug fixes.

22 Replies +1
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
November 7, 2015 3:35:52 PM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

Sounds great -- can't wait to see ground damage and give the new map a spin!

November 7, 2015 3:54:29 PM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

Great stuff. Look forward to trying it all out and seeing Huge maps.

As you are making the power difference between T2 and T1 even greater have you considered making T2 units just a touch bigger? As they are a single unit and not much bigger than T1 they can get lost a bit in an army. Just a minor consideration.

November 7, 2015 4:25:22 PM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

Sounds Great ... cant wait to try the stuff out

November 7, 2015 5:03:12 PM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

Sounds very promising

November 7, 2015 6:44:06 PM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

* New music added from composer Geoff Knorr (Civilization V) and Richard Gibbs (Battlestar Galactica)

November 7, 2015 7:42:10 PM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

Nice!

* Updated empire tree

that's what i want to see. i did some work on that but i will wait after 0.63

Thank you and keep your great work.

November 7, 2015 11:16:34 PM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

When you guys say tier 1 and tier 2 units what does that mean?

November 8, 2015 3:12:32 AM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

Quoting MnMShow,

When you guys say tier 1 and tier 2 units what does that mean?

tier 1 (Small size unit with low firepower)
tier 2 (medium size unit with medium firepower)
tier 3 (big size unit with with heavy firepower)

something like that.

November 8, 2015 5:51:47 AM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

Sounds great!

November 8, 2015 12:29:51 PM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

I think the devs are pushing Frigates, Cruisers, and Dreadnoughts, so maybe that's the terminology you've heard of.

November 8, 2015 1:59:27 PM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

Quoting eviator,

I think the devs are pushing Frigates, Cruisers, and Dreadnoughts, so maybe that's the terminology you've heard of.

Yes exactly.

November 8, 2015 2:26:53 PM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

Its good see  they are like us .

Totaly focus on this game ,probably thats we are always criticizing we like and belive this game that can be the ONE we are waiting so long. .

Yestarday was talk to some one, that was on developer SC beta team on twiter that seems its without work  ,he told me SC on that time was worst then what ashes is now.

So yes im happy

November 8, 2015 2:46:20 PM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

* We got some big performance improvements going in thanks to some new memory compression techniques that have made it in.

This sounds awesome.

November 10, 2015 6:11:23 PM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

What day should we expect this update? 

November 10, 2015 6:15:20 PM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

Im waiting until we cant use the map editor ,for the maps with open field,  without so many mountains and rocks so the battles storm start happend.

November 10, 2015 7:52:34 PM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

Quoting The_Engenieer,

Im waiting until we cant use the map editor ,for the maps with open field,  without so many mountains and rocks so the battles storm start happend.

Yes. I'm still unable to creating working maps in 0.62.

November 10, 2015 8:03:55 PM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

There's some new maps coming that are much more open.

Looks like tomorrow will be the day. We had some Steam issues today.

November 10, 2015 11:40:44 PM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

Love me some Frogboy...

November 11, 2015 1:06:54 PM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

You really like give us good news isnt it Fragboy ty 

November 11, 2015 5:00:32 PM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

New build should be up now.  It's an OPT-IN so make sure you go to your Steam settings to get Opt-Ins.

November 11, 2015 9:12:42 PM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

Quoting Frogboy,

New build should be up now.  It's an OPT-IN so make sure you go to your Steam settings to get Opt-Ins.

Anyone know how to do this?  I don't seem to be getting it automagically and I can't cypher on how to make it happen manually.

Oh wait I found it!

OPT-IN instructions:

1. Select Ashes of the Singularity from your Steam Library list
  2. Right-Click and select Properties
  3. Click the 'BETAS' tab
  4. Select 'opt-in' from the dropbox box
  5. Click the 'CLOSE' button and Steam will auto-update you with the correct files
November 18, 2015 5:38:17 PM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

There is no "opt in" present in my drop-down. I have a singular choice, "opt out". Has this option gone bye-bye or am I missing something?

Thanks!

*** NEVERMIND ***

I have 0.63.etc even though I never selected anything on the BETAS tab. Interesting!

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000579   Page Render Time: