Please fix the dam enemy units firing when they dont have line of sight.

By on November 8, 2015 5:54:05 PM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

AirsoftGuy

Join Date 11/2015

Im sick to death of enemy units being able to target my units and structures when they dont have line of sight. Fix this please as its driving me crazy on the harder difficulties.

17 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
November 8, 2015 7:07:46 PM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

units also respond that slow that if the enemy sets to go attack your HQ they drive right past you without you being even able to engage.... christ.

November 8, 2015 7:14:05 PM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

Regarding enemy units firing you from outside their line of sight is because they have built hermes, the scout unit. The unit provides radar over an area that will allow units to fire past line of sight. I have seen them being used and mixed into their army.

November 8, 2015 7:22:42 PM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

They can fire on you if they have radar coverage of you.

November 13, 2015 7:04:30 PM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

My long range artillery shoot at stuff outside of the visible area (presumably it is in radar range).  Shouldn't the visible areas coincide with the radar range?

November 13, 2015 9:07:33 PM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

Quoting MnMShow,

Shouldn't the visible areas coincide with the radar range?

No, then there wouldn't be any point in radar.  The radar is there to allow you to have partial information about twice as far as you have full information.

November 14, 2015 1:13:56 PM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

Quoting TheRealWarpstorm,

Quoting MnMShow,

Shouldn't the visible areas coincide with the radar range?

No, then there wouldn't be any point in radar.  The radar is there to allow you to have partial information about twice as far as you have full information.

But without visibility, I (the player) actually have no information.  My units seem to have information.

November 14, 2015 2:07:56 PM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

what would be nice would be to have colored holograms of vague shapes of the enemy units in radar range but outside visual range.

kinda like this except imagine very low poly geometric shapes that don't really give away the unit but actually give away the size and that you can target with your units instead of sending your units towards a red blob in your radar readings and hope that they'll react accordingly and start firering their guns like it currently is : 

November 14, 2015 2:15:13 PM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

Sorry, the way the radar is set up under the hood that can't happen - all that is tracked is strength of the radar return in a region.  The information about the units isn't there.  What could be done is to make clearer the strength of the return.  Currently it goes to red pretty quickly on the main map.

November 14, 2015 3:35:08 PM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

Sorry, the way the radar is set up under the hood that can't happen - all that is tracked is strength of the radar return in a region.  The information about the units isn't there.  What could be done is to make clearer the strength of the return.  Currently it goes to red pretty quickly on the main map.

Where is that tracked (visually speaking)?  The way it appears to me now is that the only way I know an enemy unit is there (outside of the visible range) is if I have a long range unit that can shoot at it.  Am I missing something somewhere on-screen that clues me in to the fact that there are units in radar range but outside of visible range?

November 14, 2015 4:02:38 PM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

The big red blob that appears in the otherwise blue tinted (okay, dotted - the artists haven;t gotten to that yet) regions around your radar units/buildings.

November 14, 2015 4:51:24 PM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

NnMShow: Of the units only the Hermes (the scout unit) has radar so you need to mix them into your armies.

You can also build the Sensor building which gives radar coverage too. 

November 14, 2015 6:45:08 PM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

Does the air scout also have radar?

November 14, 2015 7:53:27 PM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

how can we target it?

all of this is pointless if we can't target it.

November 14, 2015 8:45:27 PM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

My units always fire at radar targets when within range. I actually wish there was a way to stop it because it gives away your position. It also gives away what unit you are attacking with.

Maybe we could use an "attack ground" command, though might me more micro than the devs want.

November 14, 2015 10:26:57 PM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

Quoting eviator,

Maybe we could use an "attack ground" command, though might me more micro than the devs want.
yes it would.

as you well highlighted we have a feeling of helplessness towards this game as we are deprived of any means by which to order our units.

"attack this radar signature"

"don't attack it"

these things don't exist in this game.

November 14, 2015 10:53:25 PM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

Quoting tatsujb,

as you well highlighted we have a feeling of helplessness towards this game as we are deprived of any means by which to order our units.

"We" is misplaced here. I do not have a feeling of helplessness. I do, however, acknowledge that the level of unit control is below that of other games. Though a tiny bit unfortunate at times, I also like the lower APM that lower unit control brings (for me), so most of the time the trade off is a net positive.

November 16, 2015 3:07:14 AM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

I have been following this but feel the need to jump in now.

I took notice of how the Radar situation currently works, and how units react to it.  If I order my units to do a Attack Move they will shoot at anything the Radar puts in range.  Not all of it hits, but it does at least allow them to shoot towards the "signature" of the red blob in the non-visible range.

I like the current setup, perhaps a little adjustment to the coloring (perhaps a yellow to red range that doesn't get red so quick?)

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000562   Page Render Time: