Big Spamming Problem.. Please Fix.

By on November 12, 2015 3:48:05 PM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

YellowBlack

Join Date 10/2015
+3

Too much metal or something - reduce metal nodea???

All the other player has to do is mass produce Archers, and Brutes... and no matter what defense you have... you get over run by 100 of them at once.

Smarty systems, turrets.. you name it ... they become useless very quickly.

You could use air units, but all they need is 1 anti air unit to stop you.

I mean being able to mass produce is good, but once someone has control of the map the game is over.

1. create smarty systems to have more armour, and fire at a faster rate.

2. create turrets to fire further, so at least we know something is happening.

3. give aircraft more armour, so one hit from a smarty system does not destroy them.

The game becomes boring.. the other person just spam, spam, spam..... you really can not explore building anything

I am disjointed.

And yes I know you could put a medic building there, but still.. it is like eating Spam in a Can.

I know you can build a lot of Zeus ships, but you will not get them out in time to stop the hoard of spam.

10 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
November 12, 2015 4:33:19 PM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

First, metal early game is kinda scarce, so we need to be mindful of that if you start adjusting resources.

Second, in the current state of the game defense = units. One or two Zeus with some T1 support can handle a lot of T1 units. Static defense could use a buff, IMO but that is balance, and balance should not be a major concern during pre-beta and early beta.

Third, control of the map SHOULD mean the game is over. Get too far behind with no flanking opportunity means surrender.

Fourth, anti-air is pretty powerful in my limited experience. But bombers can wreck too, so maybe the powerful anti-air is a good thing. That's balance again, and it can wait until we get all the core game mechanics into the game.

Fifth, what kind of buildings do you want to explore building? We have factories, which contributes to the spam. Smartys, turrets, and drone bays, which you are either already using or have decided are not worth using. Resource buildings, which you need anyway. And radar. Eventually we'll see orbital buildings, which you will probably build near your main base.

We'll hopefully see interesting research and global abilities, which will make the game much less boring. You just have to wait a few more patches. Unit then, I recommend perfecting your unit spam skills.

November 12, 2015 7:30:12 PM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

Drones are pretty effective at killing T1 swarms.  Yes they can over run the drone bays but a couple drone bays plus just about anything else to give the enemy T1's something to shoot at and you can kill quite a lot of T1's.  As Eviator pointed out a couple Zeus's can also do a lot of damage to T1's too.

November 12, 2015 9:59:39 PM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

Turrets aren't for T1 craft.

November 12, 2015 10:00:54 PM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

Yes, that is true, but the resource and time cost of putting in drones does not seem to be sufficient enough. You can produce brutes and archers so fast. By the time your engineer gets around to making a drone bay, 2 smartys and a turret, you have already been rushed. 

It takes too long to build things.

I just think that units when they explode, should damage other units, and also be able to take their resources.

I mean what is the point of continuing the game is the other person has 3/4 of the nodes.

At least if you have some army you could destroy some of their smaller armies, and then use the radiactives to build some units.

November 12, 2015 10:24:59 PM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

As was pointed out by eviator, if the other player has 3/4 of the nodes, they will very likely win.  No matter what they choose to build, they will have 3 times the economy of you and will eventually just out produce you.  Don't let them get that much of the map.

November 13, 2015 3:44:57 AM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

But what is the point of the game, you never get the chance to build anything if the other team just rushes all the steel nodes.

The game is not worth playing till the very end.

At least if you could fight back in some way, and get back resources if you could use your engineers to recover destroyed ships.. Or there should be some other way..

I would like to see something in the map interact with the ships, maybe a lightning storm, or a monster that attacks your ships, even raiders...

The game now is really just about who is the best at spamming.

November 13, 2015 4:20:42 AM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

Patience is a virtue. Not even beta yet.

November 15, 2015 8:59:00 AM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

Quoting ,

Too much metal or something - reduce metal nodea???

All the other player has to do is mass produce Archers, and Brutes... and no matter what defense you have... you get over run by 100 of them at once.

Smarty systems, turrets.. you name it ... they become useless very quickly.

You could use air units, but all they need is 1 anti air unit to stop you.

I mean being able to mass produce is good, but once someone has control of the map the game is over.

1. create smarty systems to have more armour, and fire at a faster rate.

2. create turrets to fire further, so at least we know something is happening.

3. give aircraft more armour, so one hit from a smarty system does not destroy them.

The game becomes boring.. the other person just spam, spam, spam..... you really can not explore building anything

I am disjointed.

And yes I know you could put a medic building there, but still.. it is like eating Spam in a Can.

I know you can build a lot of Zeus ships, but you will not get them out in time to stop the hoard of spam.

The key to win at this game is the control of the resources nodes.

With the current state, it's early to say 'it's boring and etc'. This game is made for big battles..so you will have to spam,spam,spam .

Frankly what kind of buildings you want to explore?'-'

November 20, 2015 12:47:25 PM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

Although i agree that static defenses need buffs this game isnt about turtling. Its about fighting for control of the map. You will almost always start building units and taking nodes straight away. And if someone has spammed as massive army and you dont think you will be able to fight them straight up send small groups of units round the map taking command points they dont have units at drawing there attention away from you and buying time while still using a vast majority of your army protecting your frontlines

November 21, 2015 9:42:55 PM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

Na, just make sure you make some bombers at the beginning, and also have repair bays.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000203   Page Render Time: