Air Units. Can we stop them doing large circles.

By on November 12, 2015 4:15:16 PM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

YellowBlack

Join Date 10/2015
+3

If we place the air units to stop.. Can they just do that.. stop still.. They are ridiculous, especially if you want to hide them. I do not care on patorl. 

3 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
November 12, 2015 4:20:12 PM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

Well all aircraft need lift. And lift requires motion of air over an airfoil (or a balloon). So to meet your request they would either need the same hovering technology as the land units or they would need to be helicopter-like. These are clearly planes, and planes cannot hover.

November 13, 2015 3:55:58 AM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

Man, this is the future. have you heard of the 'Pan' scout. Jesus, I am sure that the plane will have some sort of anti-gravity system.

I just think the circle is ridiculously large.

Why can't there be a hover mode?

November 13, 2015 4:27:51 AM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O51seDHbTTI

at 46:40.

If i understood well, planes are going to make wider, more natural circles and fly-bys. this sounds great.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000078   Page Render Time: