dont get aos running at all

By on December 19, 2015 4:13:54 AM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

YappYapp

Join Date 08/2015

Hello all,

After windows 10 update 1511 i dont get aos running at all. Trying to lauch program simply fails without a message. Its on both versions dx11 and 12. I reinstalled nvidia drivers.

PC setup: windows 10 1511

i7 4770

16GB RAM

NVIDIA 660 Card

AOS did run two day ago. On Last day i made the windows update and now its broken. I have one more error after the update regarding a samsung driver dll (eed_ec) on startup of the program. Oh, and i uninstalled and installed aos from within stream too.

Any ideas?

6 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
December 19, 2015 4:17:58 AM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

Can you share any screenshots of anything visual?

December 19, 2015 6:48:26 AM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

there is not much i can share. starting aos seems to work in steam:

...looks like i cannot upload images...only urls are allowed? I'm using firefox.

In steam it shows 'aos wird ausgeführt' means 'is starting' or 'is executed'. But no aos window is showing up. Then, 'wird ausgeführt' is removed.

Thanx for any help.

Btw: shadows of mordor still starts.

December 19, 2015 11:05:46 AM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

Have you tried running the exe directly?

December 19, 2015 1:28:27 PM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

Make sure you did a clean nvidia drivers installation, if you are not sure then do it again.

to do that go to custom installation and check the clean installation check-box. most of the time that did fix my problems with AOTS.

December 19, 2015 2:56:32 PM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

Guys,

thanx for your replies. Doing a clean install was a good suggestion. But it didnt help. Executing the exe directly was a good suggestion too. I did this before, resulting in an error with missing dlls. I reinstalled the vc++ redistributable but it didnt help either. But after your post, frogboy, i tried it again and now it worked. Maybe it was because i now installed the vc++ redist with admin rights .

So thanx again. I got a running aos again.

December 20, 2015 3:02:06 AM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

Quoting YappYapp,

Guys,

thanx for your replies. Doing a clean install was a good suggestion. But it didnt help. Executing the exe directly was a good suggestion too. I did this before, resulting in an error with missing dlls. I reinstalled the vc++ redistributable but it didnt help either. But after your post, frogboy, i tried it again and now it worked. Maybe it was because i now installed the vc++ redist with admin rights .

So thanx again. I got a running aos again.

The VC++ install I had to do as well, but I can't recall if it had anything to do with the newest Win10 patch or not.

I'm glad you're back online with Ashes!

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000125   Page Render Time: