Units just sit there

By on December 25, 2015 8:38:24 PM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

cant0help0p...

Join Date 12/2015

The units just sit there even if another unit in the same control group is being attacked, also when nearby structures are being attacked they will just sit there. The attack command is frustrating, you select the control group and hit a for attack and try to left click where you want them to attack and sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. When it doesn't then you have to select the same control group again and try the attack again. If assigning more than one task to an engineer they don't always complete the tasks assigned to it. Right click movement commands sometimes require multiple attempts before it will move to that location. Occasionally when I drag over an area to gather units into a group it doesn't work, it won't let me attack, move or anything. The scrolling movement of the main map is a bit sloppy. These are the most frustrating things about the game play so far, just little glitches. Some things I would like to see or hear rather is a verbal alert when units or structures are under fire. Unit movement could be a bit faster, even on the fastest setting they still move appallingly slow. I would also like to be able to select a control group and set it to attack using the mini-map every time I do this it scrolls me to that spot on the main map then I can left click on the main map for the control group to attack. Love the game so far, keep it up.

14 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
December 26, 2015 3:42:59 PM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

I believe I understand the points you are making and agree they are very valid concerns! Thanks!

December 27, 2015 2:30:31 AM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

If you can figure out a way to consistently reproduce the bugs, and yes I get them too, that would really help the devs. As it is now I'm not sure they have acknowledged the bugs simply because they occur randomly. We can help them help us.

December 27, 2015 3:20:40 PM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

You mention having issues with units not responding when another unit in the same control group gets attacked?  Do you mean army - because an army is aware of other units in the same army - but a control group is not.

I have absolutely had issues with Attack move since day one, also right click move is frequently glitchy.

January 3, 2016 3:05:20 PM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

I have found that when clicking near a resource node that you control it will sometimes interpret that click as an attack move on the node, which causes your army to do nothing because you already control that node. This can be frustrating in cases say, for example, when your army is one side and the enemy is attacking from the other. You click to move your army to intercept but its just sits there while your extractors get destroyed because the attacking army is still out of your army's range. 

Not a huge issue when you are aware of it though, just need to remember to click far enough away from the node if you control it but it would still be nice not have to worry about it. 

January 3, 2016 4:21:52 PM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

Quoting cosmiccensor,

I have found that when clicking near a resource node that you control it will sometimes interpret that click as an attack move on the node, which causes your army to do nothing because you already control that node.

That's not quite right. You are right that it does not go there and it is frustrating and an inconvenience and I too hope they sort it. However it is not an attack move. In fact you want to use an attack move to make the units go there. Press A and click and they will go there and fight what is around it.

January 3, 2016 4:38:47 PM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

Quoting cosmiccensor,

Not a huge issue when you are aware of it though, just need to remember to click far enough away from the node if you control it but it would still be nice not have to worry about it. 

Not a huge issue if you know how to work around it. But I guarantee it will cause major negative feedback unless fixed by release, so I hope they do something (I am confident they will). Its even worse than just this, though. You tell group A and group B, on different sides of the map, to capture point Z. Group A gets there first and captures Z. Group B immediately halts wherever they are. Same kind of thing happens if you tell both groups to attack a particular unit or building and one group succeeds. Group B stops, and sometimes even group A goes idle.

January 3, 2016 10:43:34 PM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

We keep trying to fix these as we find them.

But please, definitely ride on on this particular issue and similar ones.  IF we were to ship wth these problems, we'd get creamed in reviews.  It's a tough issue to debug and when we think we have it nailed, something else comes up.

January 3, 2016 11:26:05 PM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

Thank you for your reply Frogboy.

If you'd like, I can share a vod or three with the issues as I see them, you'll hear me complaining in the game

I don't know if that will help you to see the problems as at least one of your gamers see them.

January 4, 2016 4:39:33 AM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

Is this an on line game?

If so, has to do with the lag

January 4, 2016 9:28:27 AM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

No, it doesn't.

January 4, 2016 7:07:42 PM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

When we get to the Beta (later this month) that's when we'll want to see if we've fixed it.  The 0.71 code base is from November so there's a lot of fixes that have gotten in.  We think we've fixed it but we have also thought we've fixed it before.

January 4, 2016 7:29:41 PM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

Quoting Frogboy,

When we get to the Beta (later this month) that's when we'll want to see if we've fixed it.  The 0.71 code base is from November so there's a lot of fixes that have gotten in.  We think we've fixed it but we have also thought we've fixed it before.

Does "later this month" mean tomorrow because I can't wait

I was in the middle of putting together a video on behaviors and responsiveness, but now I will wait.

January 4, 2016 7:45:16 PM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

Quoting Frogboy,

What i do have notice its the paths they choose when linked.

For exemple when i want send 1 group normaly by the middle from left or right ,they choose going by the side im not by middle.

To this happend i have to make 2 path clicks or they go from sides when i want they go from middle.

Tell me, what kind problems on groups or unlinked units  you think we showld look for with more attencion ?

Maybe we can test it a bit more to find something you guys havent notice but if you think the bug its fixed with beta released thats good.

January 5, 2016 7:52:59 AM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

Quoting eviator,

Quoting Frogboy,

Does "later this month" mean tomorrow because I can't wait

I was in the middle of putting together a video on behaviors and responsiveness, but now I will wait.

I had the same idea, those things have been bothering me quite a lot.

Well you could put up a video of it so that we can do comparisons between the new and old version.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000250   Page Render Time: