Founders secret temp build

By on March 1, 2016 11:52:26 PM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

Frogboy

Join Date 03/2001
+1491

We have a preview of the next Ashes build. Not the Thursday build but beyond that.

Go to Ashes in Steam. Go to the  properties of Branches, go to beta and type this PW in: AshesSingularity2016 

It's the musician branch. It won't stay the latest for long so you'll want to switch to the main branch soon but we'd love to get an idea of stability with regards to graphics/windowed mode/ full screen mode.

18 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
March 2, 2016 10:47:08 AM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

Awesome downloading now, will post benches in windowed/full mode

Edit: it says beta access key invalid  

Edit: I kept spamming submit and it went through! Probably just a minor glitch on steams side

March 2, 2016 11:21:00 AM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

So far so good. Main screen looks cool. DX12 still performing worse than DX11 with my nVidia GTX 770 4GB.

March 2, 2016 11:54:48 AM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

downloading now..i had same issue had to spam submit..then changed the name and submit then do it proper submit again..it wen thru that way..weird

March 2, 2016 12:07:43 PM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

Worked well for me. In a quick vs AI match the performance seemed up, 50-60s dipping into high 40's in combat (on a 970, Extreme) as apposed to mid forties. But will have to check under same conditions on .9 as it was a small map. Quite a lot of screen tear though the same is true for 0.9

Injured Dread billowed smoke and fire, is that in the game already? Looked so epic. Shame I couldn't click on the Dread to see its health without disbanding the army. Turned out to be 76/12000 haha, so close. (Alt brings up a health bar but would be nice to see the numbers of an individual unit if you click on a unit within an army)

Did a 3 player FFA with humans who had all got this version, but it crashed After...15 minutes maybe.

Some UI changes with different coloured stuff. Have you thought of making the Stategic map a bit more transparent? I know some don't like it blocking the game view. Though that is not a concern for me as I only bring it up very briefly each time.

A friend was just saying the other day how they liked they background on the main page, he might be sad to see it gone. Be kinda cool to have it as an option.

The new background does look pretty cool, if not so neat. Much better than the tiny peak of it I saw preceding some of the benchkmarks put out by the tech sites. I would make the distortion effect between scenes a touch shorter and less harsh, they are a little jarring. Though perhaps that is the intent.

March 2, 2016 1:21:17 PM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

Worked

March 2, 2016 4:19:16 PM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

OMG!! borderless windowed!!!!! I'm plying with it right now never switching back!

hallelujah for dual screen users!! (ashes in fullscreen cancelled the use of whatever screen it was running on before now you can finally bring windows that are behind back to the front)

March 2, 2016 4:43:11 PM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

Seems to be working, frame-rate around 50-60s dipping into 40's/30's.

March 2, 2016 5:26:55 PM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

Very Very nice polishing and still very very stable to me.

March 2, 2016 5:51:46 PM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

I could leave my antivirus running and Ashes didn't crash, so that's nice. According to my monitoring tool it uses less RAM, too (~6GB max after running the benchmark and two matches on small maps, compared to 11GB max with Beta 2).

Also, I like the new smoother graphs on whatever the screen is called that you get after winning (or losing) a match.

Performance stayed the same (~35 FPS on High with a GTX 960).

March 2, 2016 9:00:41 PM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

There is a Big bug and its still in this version

When you have a meta Unit (T1-T2) and you loose the main T2 unit of that Meta Unit, than That Meta Unit get get Broken.

You will need to get all you units again and create a new Meta Unit.

Are you guys seeing the same bug?

March 2, 2016 9:48:28 PM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

Quoting ASADDF,

There is a Big bug and its still in this version

When you have a meta Unit (T1-T2) and you loose the main T2 unit of that Meta Unit, than That Meta Unit get get Broken.

You will need to get all you units again and create a new Meta Unit.

Are you guys seeing the same bug?

Yes.  It's on our list.

We're only looking at the resolution issue right now.  This isn't the "all bugs in game are fixed" version.

March 2, 2016 9:48:46 PM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

Happens in any army regardless of composition. Lose the lead unit, the remaining units get orphaned. I'm 99% sure Frogboy specifically mentioned this bug somewhere, which would mean it is on their radar.

Edit: well there ya go, straight from the horse's mouth.

March 3, 2016 8:01:53 PM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

Should we update to the new public build now? I'm assuming it is the public version of this one.

March 3, 2016 11:28:53 PM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

Quoting Sargeras77,

Should we update to the new public build now? I'm assuming it is the public version of this one.

Yes.  We're going to be giving out a VIP build shortly that will have the first draft of the campaign and such in it.

March 4, 2016 12:32:58 AM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

Awesome thanks for the reply! 

Just tried out the new public build (didn't even get to try much with the secret test version due to some unexpected irl stuff :/)  and one thing I'm liking already is the addition of some econ feedback ie: x metal is being drained by engineers x is being drained by factories.  Also, having extractors and such show how much metal they are generating is great.  I hope that in future builds this expands to all units ie: I click on any unit that consumes or produces resources and it will show me how much of each resource it is giving/taking.

Oh and performance wise, my overall frames have stayed pretty similar from beta 1 to beta 2 to this new build. Between 55 and 58 FPS total with a 980 ti/ xenon x5660 @ 3.8 / 24gb ram.  I did notice a pretty significant decrease in CPU frames between beta 1 and 2 which has continued to this new build. Used to be approx 80fps cpu and now it is approx 60.  I'm assuming this has to do with the effects and the benchmark being more stressful now?  Just thought I'd mention it.  (all dx12 tests btw and damn is it cool to see all 12 threads working their asses off first time I've seen anything pretty uniformly utilize that many core in person. I just recently got the xenon because with the ability for theoretically infinite cores/threads to be used with ashes/other future games I figured it would be a good upgrade from my 920 as I hate being CPU bound)

As I was writing this, Ashes crashed in windowed fullscreen when it wasn't the window with focus for approx 4-5 minutes. (I was alt-tabbed out of windowed full screen.)  I tried relaunching it about 3 times but it will not launch now.  It will lock my mouse up in the top left corner for 3-5 seconds, then go to a black screen as if the game is loading, the cursor will show up, and then it will crash out.  I will try verifying my files in steam and see if that fixes the issue.

Okay, so I verified files and restarted and it works again now.  

March 6, 2016 8:55:19 PM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

I can't play this game anymore since the March 1st update. I was getting about 50fps with DX12 and 60fps with DX11. Now I get less than 10fps from either on low.

This Musician build does not change anything.

I'm running a 770gtx 2gb, i7 4770k (not OC'd at the moment), 16gb of ram and fresh install of Windows 10 with all updates.

Any ideas from anyone? This game ran fine for me and now it's actually unplayable.

I've closed all programs and background apps with no change.

Edit: To add, I verified the cache with the non-musician build and after I discovered that build has the same problem. It all verified fine both times. I'll post this in the support section as well, I put it here since I'm on the musician build.

March 7, 2016 10:14:39 PM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

What do you have the settings at?

March 9, 2016 12:32:57 AM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

Sorry for the delay, was side-tracked by The Division!

I just hopped in to screenshot my settings with the FPS showing and then I hopped into a skirmish with one beginner AI to screenshot the low FPS. Now I'm am getting 55-60 fps at the very start.

The only difference was a reboot (which I had done when trouble-shooting it before my other post) and some Windows Updates. So, I guess there could have been updates that affected it or something was just off that day. If it happens again and a reboot doesn't fix it and I don't catch anything odd happening on my PC, I will update this.

Thanks for replying though!

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000172   Page Render Time: