Immature player on ranked matches

By on March 5, 2016 11:33:36 AM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

Pure_Elegance

Join Date 03/2016

Hello all,

I just wanted to point out a player by the name of generalkyle who plays ranked matches. He is immature. When I started to win he said *excuse the homosexual slur, just repeating what he said* "try hard faggot, I'm going to quit so I don't get a loss haha". I do have a screencap. I just wanted to point this guy out. It's not good for the ladder to have people like this.

Pure_Elegance

19 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
March 5, 2016 12:42:17 PM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

We should only give importance to what really affects us.

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

March 5, 2016 2:41:35 PM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

While I agree that this behaviour is completely unacceptable and needs to be reprimanded, posting names publicly ("witch hunting")  is probably not a good way to go about it.   Can you submit a report to oxide/someone at oxide? 

March 5, 2016 2:55:01 PM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

wow, your seriously naming and shaming me? First of all that should be against tos, secondly i dont like getting versed against rank 1 players who have been playing for 4 months, i think its unfair.

March 5, 2016 2:58:13 PM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

is their a rule against swearing at someone in the game? even though i was an asshole. You are gonna reprimand me for calling him a name? On a online game? K

March 5, 2016 3:32:44 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Generalkyle7,

i dont like getting versed against rank 1 players who have been playing for 4 months, i think its unfair.

What's unfair? You're rank 3; there's only 6 players separating you on the ladder. Seems like normal matchmaking to me.

March 5, 2016 3:49:51 PM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

Quoting Generalkyle7,

"try hard faggot

There is a difference between swearing and insulting. Harrassing and insulting your opponent just because you lose a match is a bit harsh way to go about it.

March 5, 2016 3:54:07 PM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

Quoting Waza88,

Quoting Generalkyle7,

"try hard faggot

There is a difference between swearing and insulting. Harrassing and insulting your opponent just because you lose a match is a bit harsh way to go about it.

i take it your new to online games. I been called every name in the book, i dont go and make a thread about it because i'm in my feelings. Was it wrong of me to name call? Yea it was, i agree with that. 

But he's also making a bigger issue of it then it really needs to be. By making a thread about it, lol mabey online games arent for him then.

I said something that would be considered distasteful, But let it go, This isn't a church.

March 5, 2016 3:58:22 PM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

Quoting Generalkyle7,

But he's also making a bigger issue of it then it really needs to be. By making a thread about it, lol mabey online games arent for him then.

Actually I would prefer it if the attitude was more like, maybe online games aren't for you then. Being such a poor loser...yes it is common, doesn't mean we should have to get used to it, it should be the other way round.

March 5, 2016 4:01:42 PM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

Quoting Ticktoc,

Quoting Generalkyle7,

Actually I would prefer it if the attitude was more like, maybe online games aren't for you then. Being such a poor loser...yes it is common, doesn't mean we should have to get used to it, it should be the other way round.

A guy called me a bitch, and told me to F my mother 3 days ago doing a 1v1 on this game. Did i care for a second what he said? no. Do i care what people say over the internet? no

You are literally making a bigger issues out of it then it needs to be, drop it imo.

March 5, 2016 4:35:12 PM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

Quoting Colonelkyle7,

First of all that should be against tos

As you have installed the game and use the forums you would have read the TOS at least twice, and would already know what it includes.

It is against the stardock terms of service to "Make malicious personal attacks, defamatory statements, or other behavior deemed unacceptable by the StardockGames.com Online Community’s administrators." As you have not refuted the original statement, there is no defamation that has taken place.

Other immature people does not excuse your actions. Please try to keep it clean and respectful in the future.

March 5, 2016 6:15:09 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting Moomo,

Other immature people does not excuse your actions. Please try to keep it clean and respectful in the future.

Or put another way, if the same behavior face-to-face would get you punched (or worse), rein it in.

March 5, 2016 7:47:43 PM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

Stardock's Rules of Conduct are quite simple and easy to understand.

If you wouldn't say it to your grandmother then you won't be saying it here either.

Discrimination between race, sex,creed or colour is not acceptable.

If anyone has issues with another's conduct please contact the appropriate Admin/Moderator for response/action.

Thank you....

March 5, 2016 10:33:14 PM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

What what? lol whats going on? I have been away from the game for a week already, and now i read that people are playing AOTS in ranked games and are taking it that very serious? lol.

So who said that AOTS is a Casual game? I think people are taking AOTS very professional and very personal like some other games that I play often like MOBA's and Starcraft.

It looks like that AOTS is getting very competitive.

March 6, 2016 1:05:28 AM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

The fact that you are un-offended by insults does not give you the right to be insulting to others.

I come to play games, and check out things on the forums.

I don't like getting called 'faggot' and i don't call other people by those terms.

Ditto 'nigger' 'slut' 'whore' and a whole other slew of nasty words, some of which i have had levelled at me.

Racial, sexual, and gender slurs are not appropriate in civilized society.

And while some parts of the internet are wild and unregulated, this is not one of those places.

I notice that you have yet to apologise, nor have you uttered a single word that lets anyone know that you recognize your error.

In truth, you've laughed it off, and effectively told everyone that they are over-reacting.

Grow up.

Actions have consequences. This is one of them.

March 6, 2016 4:18:28 AM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

Quoting Generalkyle7,

wow, your seriously naming and shaming me? First of all that should be against tos, secondly i dont like getting versed against rank 1 players who have been playing for 4 months, i think its unfair.

You're famous now!

In reality if you let the "rank" metric mean anything to you you're going to be in a world of hurt. Rank means squat to me. Maybe I'm just more proficcient at the game than others, but if I can beat a top 10 player when I'm ranked 3-4 others can as well.

Also I've played maybe 2 days and I'm already high up on the ladder. If you happen to recall, they reset the stats when they added the latest update. So your 4 months spiel is sort of lacking.

New Multiplayer Season!
One of the best ways to enjoy Ashes of the Singularity is through custom or ranked multiplayer matches! The Dev Team will be re-setting the global leaderboards on Beta release day and starting with a fresh slate. 

Play single player more, and learn to lose with dignity. I'm sure you don't get this upset when a coworker, or classmate, gets employee of the month or a higher grade than you on a test. At least I hope so...

March 6, 2016 4:52:48 AM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

Quoting MuffinCat,

Quoting Generalkyle7,

You're famous now!

In reality if you let the "rank" metric mean anything to you you're going to be in a world of hurt. Rank means squat to me. Maybe I'm just more proficcient at the game than others, but if I can beat a top 10 player when I'm ranked 3-4 others can as well.

Also I've played maybe 2 days and I'm already high up on the ladder. If you happen to recall, they reset the stats when they added the latest update. So your 4 months spiel is sort of lacking.

New Multiplayer Season!
One of the best ways to enjoy Ashes of the Singularity is through custom or ranked multiplayer matches! The Dev Team will be re-setting the global leaderboards on Beta release day and starting with a fresh slate. 

Play single player more, and learn to lose with dignity. I'm sure you don't get this upset when a coworker, or classmate, gets employee of the month or a higher grade than you on a test. At least I hope so...

im a competitive person. Anything less than 1st or winner is a loss, and loser status imo.

March 6, 2016 8:07:22 AM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

Quoting Generalkyle7,

im a competitive person. Anything less than 1st or winner is a loss, and loser status imo.

The world is filled with individuals greater than, and lesser than ourselves. Come to this realization and you'll find peace. 

March 6, 2016 11:02:06 AM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

Quoting MuffinCat,

Quoting Generalkyle7,

The world is filled with individuals greater than, and lesser than ourselves. Come to this realization and you'll find peace. 

never, thats loser talk right their. But to each his own.

March 6, 2016 1:19:29 PM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

Some lessons have to be learned the hard way. No one can walk the path of another.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0001093   Page Render Time: