Ok, I made some satire for the Dev's and other players about how silly this 2 node thing can be.. please improve.

By on March 16, 2016 4:26:12 AM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

purplemonke...

Join Date 03/2016

Add a few seconds..

These videos are friendly Although I do get upset with a sound.

How to win... the complete strategy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1c8uEpA3tQ

How to lose

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-88FTPNsuw

Hey dev's you can tell I have an AMD huh..

Sorry, I lost the keys to my lilosmith account.. dammit.. I should write things down..

Please everyone place your thoughts.

13 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
March 16, 2016 5:25:05 AM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

March 16, 2016 6:06:29 AM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

The devs could speed up the creep spawn time to make it riskier for multi node engineer expansion as has been suggested in the other thread, but that would make it a lot harder for "new people".

March 16, 2016 11:36:05 AM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

Won't everyone soon learn you can do this (if you want) and it will no longer mean someone is playing at a disadvantage? It start the game going a lot quicker which isn't a bad thing.

You could have the Creep spawn in sometime between 30-60 seconds, random each game, so that it would make it more of a gamble.

March 16, 2016 12:01:45 PM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

Supposedly Frogboy says it is easy to punish your opponent's early 2-point rush if you build a factory first and rush your T1s to the enemy. I'm skeptical so I'd like to see that in action.

March 16, 2016 12:40:45 PM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

Quoting eviator,

Supposedly Frogboy says it is easy to punish your opponent's early 2-point rush if you build a factory first and rush your T1s to the enemy. I'm skeptical so I'd like to see that in action.

Possible if defenders are off, very hard if not I would think.

March 16, 2016 12:42:29 PM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

Stop creating multiple accounts.

March 16, 2016 5:08:46 PM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

the last time i took a doublenote at start i didnt stand a chance against that PHC rush.

March 16, 2016 5:46:50 PM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

Quoting Triumphkutter,

the last time i took a doublenote at start i didnt stand a chance against that PHC rush.

I tried, I tried to tell them about the hermes spam fest.. I tried, and bomber rush, or even t2 archer rush with the extra resources from that extra node/

I tried so many times, but they don't listen.

I tried to fix the music, and it just gets worse.

I tried to tell them about the two nodes, and they disagree.

I can tell you all now, and Wasa would agree.. And, you should listen. Wasa is #1 and I got to #6.

If we get two points and you get 1, we will destroy you without fail.

I am saying it is too rediciulous to have to do this every time.

Just set the timer to longer to get two points easier for new people, or 1 point.

Otherwise, you need to put it in your tutorial.

Kuz, only someone else can tell you how to do it, generally.

it is not strategy. There is no strategy in this.

it just seems like they are more interested in selling their game engine. Trying to be nice here.

March 17, 2016 1:26:26 PM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

As I've explained in another thread this is not a typical "risky" strategie with it's merits. Risk should involve both players and not only one. A risky move is making early bombers, which can give you a big advantage but may lose you the game if the opponent reacts very quick and destroy your planes while building a superior ground army.

There's no merit in winning against an opponent who failed to get one of the nodes, even though it was their fault, there's just no fun in it. Risky tactics takes good opponent reaction. Same as losing against someone who got more nodes first. Theere's no fun in losing because someone mastered starting nodes positions for each map

edit: fortunetaly it seems they are already looking into it

March 17, 2016 2:45:41 PM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

Quoting lilosmith,

Quoting Triumphkutter,

I tried, I tried to tell them about the hermes spam fest.. I tried, and bomber rush, or even t2 archer rush with the extra resources from that extra node/

I tried so many times, but they don't listen.

I tried to fix the music, and it just gets worse.

I tried to tell them about the two nodes, and they disagree.

I can tell you all now, and Wasa would agree.. And, you should listen. Wasa is #1 and I got to #6.

If we get two points and you get 1, we will destroy you without fail.

I am saying it is too rediciulous to have to do this every time.

Just set the timer to longer to get two points easier for new people, or 1 point.

Otherwise, you need to put it in your tutorial.

Kuz, only someone else can tell you how to do it, generally.

it is not strategy. There is no strategy in this.

it just seems like they are more interested in selling their game engine. Trying to be nice here.

Ok.  I'll bite..

Hermes spam fest:  Hermes time to build has been doubled since the beginning of Beta 2, costs more. You can't spam Hermes.

Music: How exactly did you try to "fix" the music? Is there a URL to your music you made?

Two nodes: We increased the capture time by 10 seconds in today's update and the engineer build time by 4 seconds.

Yes, you like to talk but you don't like to listen.

March 17, 2016 3:14:14 PM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

Quoting ,

Add a few seconds..

These videos are friendly Although I do get upset with a sound.

How to win... the complete strategy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1c8uEpA3tQ

How to lose

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-88FTPNsuw

Your tatics are rong, there is other options and faster to make 3 steps at same time when you have that near nodes.

I will agreed that nodes showld not be near mexes or power, because belonges to a player decision take a node with a factory already made and secure it with units and have all around mexes/ power bonus and send a engineer to make that mexes spots if you dont have already enemy bombers to slow your engeniers builds..

If you have 2 mexes with a node you can just make a factory 1 near that node and have 3 steps faster.

I make diferent eco on my maps , still trying find a good balance but is working preety good , personaly i like.

But There are other maps that ashes made and very good ,that are not that so bad on eco they just need be fix a bit.

March 17, 2016 4:39:57 PM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

Just barely made it by a fraction of a second. 0.94a

March 17, 2016 5:28:36 PM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

Quoting eviator,

Just barely made it by a fraction of a second. 0.94a

Reduced 55%
Original 1024 x 576

Yes thats good positions i like it but the nodes are bit too close on mexes and power.

When you make the eco, also build the node and showld be player option make the node or make the eco not all at same time.

but its what i think not that its a bad thing.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000641   Page Render Time: