I have here some general questions about the Phase Drives, these questions are aimed at no one in particular, it's more out of interest than anything else.
1. Will there be upgrades available, and will the improvement be speed related (ships go faster) or range related (ships go further, assuming range is an issue)
2. Can you (and if not it might be a good idea) order your ships to change course while they are in transit.
3. Can you impose countermeasures that stall enemy FTL drives when they enter your system, forcing them to go it at sublight.
4. Is it possible for your ships to deplete their fuel reserves during a jump and be forced to a) stop and recharge or
be towed and/or refueled by another vessel.
5. Finally, Phase Gates, do these consist of two gates with a stable link between them, or an anygate to anygate scenario, or can ships use on gate to increase speed (exiting through it without entering another one)
I only wonder because of the impact faster than light travel has on a lot of RTS games. ie, ships get there too quickly, making game too easy (not an issue for Sins) or being unable to communicate or control ships while in Phase Space (don't know about this on yet).