Fair points split. If it was just my list, though, it would have clearly defined tiers, the list wouldn't look "quite" like what koush posted, etc... if its pacovs list. And, it really hasn't been that. Its always been a semi community owned list, semi accurate based on how much I cared to update, how much input I was willing to accept, and so on. In short, not a perfect system and it really will continue to be a little like that as long as I'm running the show. So, I says to myself - should a list like this keep going on?
- Gets competition going in our community
- Provides peer feedback (you think you are great, everyone else thinks you are meh - hmmm)
- Hopefully provides a better tracking of player skill than the ladder
- People are apparently really interested in talking about this stuff (1602 replies as of now)
- The list really becomes biased pretty quickly
- People get worked up about this BS and do take offense (which leads to a bit of hostility from time to time) - do we want to invite more drama?
- (For whoever owns the list) - its alot of updating if you are going to keep it accurate.
Anyway, I honestly don't care if the list keeps going or not. I'd participate some if it did, but I think its time to turn the list over to someone else. The question is, who would be good for the job? Ideally, the person wouldn't be terribly biased (I don't know many people like this), would be willing to make frequent updates (I know a few that wouldn't mind), and would have to have the communities backing (because without any community backing ever, this list would have just been the rantings of pacov - or just a list where I say blahblahblah are great and these guys are meh).