I tried playing with _XD_ today for a first time, and while its mostly works i have a few comments and questions.
1. Dual Class. Please fix the A_UserGuide.txt! I think this is exactly the source of problems of people above. It states that to dual class you need to manually add and then use Consumable_X_Path_XXX scroll to you sovereign, which is total bullshit. But i was only able to understand that it is bullshit after i searched through .xml files for a hour or two.
TO ANYONE HAVING PROBLEMS WITH DUAL CLASS: dont do what is stated in A_UserGuide.txt. You just need to select dual class talent at creation. Before the first level up there will be a Paths enchantments in your spellbook. You need to cast one of them (the first path) and when you decide too switch just dispel it.
BTW, what is Consumable_X_Path_XXX goal? As far as i understand they are for forcing prebuild sovereigns into specified class under AI, but why they add all classes for one turn?
2. A_UserGuide.txt section 2c states that deactivation of this files is optional. This is not true for at least some *Units.xml files - if you dont deactivate them you'll have default non-_XD_ converted sovereigns as AI players, which i think wont led to anything good.
3. Secrets of Deorcnysse (Ability_X_Deorcnysse1000) Its description states that i must select it for custom race, and all _XD_ races have it, but the only time this ability is checked is for some weird city improvement which cant be build anyway. Do i really have to select it? And why? Or is it some work in progress?
4. Prebuild sovereigns have a lot of "Is somethings" "talents". Custom one doesnt get them. Is it normal? Should i add them to my custom sovereign? Or is it AI only thingy?
5. "Go Home" and "Tireless Page" spells. WTF they are supposed to do? No good explanations anywhere. The description is really lacking.
6. _XD_ is compatible with or includes most alive and interesting mods except Demons&Wizards. I wont say i miss D&W faith related stuff too much, but i really liked D&W Mage and Summoner Is there no compatible version for at least this paths?
7. Oh, one more thing. Whats the deal with adding 18 ini to anything? Is it to make all ini-altering spells and abilities less powerful without going through all of them?