1. Will player in AotS be able to build units they researched in any quantity (except, probably, technical per-player unit limit), as in any other TA-based game?
2. Will long-range weapons, like artillery that reaches other side of the map, or ballistic missiles, be present in AotS?
3. Will AotS defensive structures in appropriate numbers be potentially able to block any type of attack, including long-range weapons like ICBM or artillery, if present, like in SupCom?
4. Given that terrain engine is fully morphable, will AotS feature terraforming, like Zero-K?
5. Will AotS feature in-place economic options, like TA/SupCom's metal fabricators?
6. Does Nitrous Engine support fully 3D (i.e. possibly multi-level) maps, or it uses heightmap-based landscape? If multi-level maps is supported, will they make an appearance in AotS?
1. The economy is essentially the same as TA. That is, as you build things, it's consuming resources as they're built.
2. Not on the bigger maps. AFTER ea begins, we will take feedback on whether we need to have such mega weapons. We would like to avoid that though.
3. We don't currently have ABMs in. I doubt 1.0 will have something like that. The nice thing is, Ashes is the START of a series so as players get into it, we'll be able to extend it from there.
4. We don't plan to do that. We want the strategy to focus on using the terrain and resources as opposed to changin git.
5. We do not plan to allow players to convert power into metal. What we have, instead, are refineries which magnify how much metal you already have stored (i.e. they take your stored metal and turn it into more, like a compound interest).
6. They're fully 3D, multi-level to the point where having the high ground really matters. The ballistics model is very realistic (one of the developers used to work on simulations for the military).