It just took me a few hours to defeat my second map against an easy AI. That seemed a little harder than easy. Are there any tactical suggestions listed somewhere for this game?
1) Build plenty of factories. They don't take long to build so on the big maps you can build them closer to the front lines to speed things up a bit.
2) Do your best to never waste resources. No Radioactives free but plenty of metal? Build lots of T1. Don't choke your economy though! (Well not too badly anyway )
3) Don't forget to upgrade units through research. Gradually improve your Quanta production
4) It takes a minute or two before the creep start spawning, so if you build a bunch of engineers first thing then you can grab a few nearby resource nodes right off the bat without a fight.
5) This might well change with next patch: After you have built your first factory pump out a bunch of Hermes (scout unit). They are fast and tough enough to go out and grab more nodes quickly too. After a while you may have 2 or 3 groups of 6-9 Hermes running around gobbling up nodes. Remember, even if you have not built an extractor on a resource they will still give +1 of that resource for each one you have under your control. You can also queue up the capturing of nodes (shift + right click on the node) to reduce micro.
6) Don't forget to create battlegroups of mixed units (pressing "V" after selecting the forces you want) with your T3 units as it buffs the T3 a bit.
7) If you want to get somewhere fast don't put them into a battlegroup though as they only move as fast as the slowest unit.
You are good to go. You should be able to crush easy AI with this lot.