Thoughts for customized Army Profiles:
- In the main menu, Players select Army Profiles option
- In this new menu, Players can create an unlimited number of Army Profiles
- Each profile contains how many of each specific unit is allowed into the Army.
- Out of those created profiles the top 10 favorites are highlighted/selected
- Each of these profiles can have an icon attached to it for quick reference
- A selection of icons available
- Custom icons can be imported into the game (ie. JPG, GIF, etc.)
- When Players are preparing for battle, ie. Creating a new game to play (either single or multiplayer)
- Players can quickly select and assign 3 of their chosen custom Army Profiles to dedicated slots for the upcoming battle
- In the “Game Setup” menu, you can select an option to allow or not allow changing of those customized Army Profiles mid-game via the Pause menu.
- During gameplay, when a player wishes to use the default “Form Army” (ie. Doesn’t wish to use “V”) for the given selected units, they now select F5, F6, or F7. (I selected these keys solely on the fact that most keyboards group the Function keys in groups of four at a time (F1-F4, F5-F8, and F9-F12) and it’s quicker to grab in the moment.
- Player selects a group of units
- Quickly decide if he wants a default Army Profile, or a customized one
- Hits “V”, F5, F6, or F7
- Army forms based on that selection
If a Player wish to change up the already formed Army into another Army Profile, they have to select the Army, disband the Army using the default command “B”, and then they can quickly select one of the profiles: Default “V”, or one of the customized F5, F6, or F7.
Placement of three icons directly above the “Actions” section when a unit is selected allows the selected icon for the three chosen Army Profiles to be displayed. This would allow selection via mouse, but more importantly, hovering your mouse over those icons givens a very quick tooltip showing you the make-up of that specific Army Profile.