You spoke and we listened!
Ashes v1.1 is here with new units, additional campaign options, new maps and more!
Engaging with our community and hearing what you have to say is really important to us here at Stardock.
Over the last couple of weeks since Ashes' release, we have been reading your reviews and applying your
comments to updates for the game. v1.1 is ready to go, and so far, we've added:
|New Campaign Difficulty Level Selection
Whether you feel like casually cruising through so you can just experience the story, or challenging yourself with the highest difficulty setting, the new options in the campaign will allow you to play the way you want to!
||New Difficulty Levels for AI
To further service our players, we've added "Novice" and "Intermediate" difficultly levels for AI opponents. Now, you'll be able to experience a wider variety of challenge when you play against the PC!
Expand your single and multiplayer experience on the new maps "Fast & Furious," "Dread Valley," and more.
||New Orbital Ability
We added a new PHC orbital ability called “Probing Force” to this update! Using the Orbital Fabricator, you will be able to call down a group of new units called Sentries into battle. The Sentry unit is a tier 1 unit that is a mix between a Brute and an Archer.
If you've been playing Ashes, we want to hear from you! Join the conversation over at Steam.
For more information on v1.1, see the full change log below!
- New PHC Unit: Sentry
- New PHC Orbital Ability: Probing Force
- New Map: Fast & Furious
- New Map: Slow & Steady
- New Map: Dread Valley
- Difficulty Levels for Ascendancy Wars!
- Two new difficulty levels: Novice and Intermediate
- Existing Campaign updates to support new difficulty levels
- Tachyon better tracks difficulty levels for future Hall of Fame handling
- Radar stations show their range when being placed
- AI updated to use new features
- AI army handling improved
- Matchmaking algorithm changes to reduce wait time when there are lots of players in the queue
- End screens now display Quanta production graph and stats
- Military power and overall power now broken into two graphcs on end screen
- More stat reportinG
- New Scripting commands for modders
- Beam weapons now display an impact effect
- General polish pass on missions
- Improved edge scrolling
- Certain third-party apps that do process injection blocked for stability
- Auto-reporting of detected potential cheaters
- Avenger primary weapon improved to deal with large numbers of weak units
- Tier 1 units HP/shields slightly reduced
- Call Avatar cost increased from 30 to 35 quanta
- Avatar velocity reduced (less cheesy)
- Creeps will sometimes spawn anti-air creeps