1. I have two laptops with around the same hardware - the MSI GT62VR 6RD and Clevo P650RP6, both have the same basic hardware and software:
- I7-6700HQ, GTX 1060 6GB, 2x8GB 2400MHZ, 128GB SATA SSD
- Windows 10 64-bit, same version 1511, Nvidia 372.70 drivers. GPU only, G-Sync disabled
2. The GT62VR 6RD get a lot higher FPSs in the built-in benchmark, all settings, at 900p, 1080p and 2160p. Big differences. Extreme settings, DX12@1080p 48vs40 FPS, High 58 vs 48, Crazy 35 vs 32
3. I've recorded stats with HWInfo and it seems like the GT62VR has somewhat higher GPU clocks of around ~3% while running the benchmarks, but that can't be the difference. CPU maintains around 3.1GHZ in both laptops.
What can it be? it looks very strange..