I have noticed that armies have no sense of target prioritization when attack moving. Consider the following scenario:
- Army of entirely ground units ordered to attack-move to an area
- Army encounters some static air defense units with static ground defense units behind them
- The army is engaged by the static ground defenses
- The army ignores the static anti-air (since it can't hurt them) and prioritize the anti-ground unit dealing the most DPS to them (the largest threat)
- The army shoots at the closest unit (the anti-air defenses in this case) and ignores the anti-ground defenses until the closer units are destroyed
This behavior leads armies to quite easily suicide into static defenses if not micromanaged. They will spend time shooting at factories and other non-threatening structures while they get decimated by high damage static ground defenses.
Is this the intended army behavior or is it a bug? Will the army behavior be modified to match the expected behavior?