Game Replays, Huge Balance Updates, New Maps, Modding Support, and More
in v2.2 of Ashes of the Singularity: Escalation
New features, updates, and adjustments have been made. For a full list, see the change log below!
You've been asking, and here it is! The game replays remove the fog of war so that you can see absolutely everything that went on during your game. Scope out what your opponents were building and how they were laying out their strategy and find out where you went wrong - or where you went right! Up to 3 replays will be automatically saved, but you can change the settings in order to save as many games as you like.
Callum McCole of General's Gentlemen has joined the Escalation team and made some pretty extensive updates to the game's balance. In addition to adjusting many of the units for both the PHC and the Substrate, he has altered some of the core gameplay values in order to make the game more accessible. This includes refining the counter system, increasing strategic diversity, weakening "cheese" strategies, improving game flow, and much more! If you're curious about the details, you can find them in Brad Wardell's dev diary here.
Modders, rejoice! We have added the ability to mod game files, add maps and scenarios, and enable/disable mods for your game. You can see full details in our Modders Guide!
v2.2 adds three new maps. Manannan, a 12-player Terran map and Aenghus, a 10-player desert map, are both excellent for free-for-all games. Brighid is a smaller arctic map meant for 8 players and is ideal for a tightly enclosed 4v4 or a more widely spread game of 4 teams with 2 players each.
If you've been playing Ashes of the Singularity: Escalation,
we want to hear from you! Join the conversation over at Steam.
For more information on v2.2, check out the full change log below!
- Replays- Watch a replay of your game, or go into the leaderboards and watch games from the top players.
- Modding Support- We have added the ability to mod game files, add maps and scenarios and enable and disable mods for your game. For all the details checkout the Modders Guide.
- New Maps- 3 new large maps added to support lots of players.
- Manannan- A 12 player Terran map which is great for free for all games.
- Brighid- An 8 player Arctic map that is ideal for 4 teams of 2 players each.
- Aenghus- A 10 player Desert map that is great for free for all games.
- Issue Orders to Multiple Factories- Selecting multiple factories will allow you to give the same order to all of them. If you select 3 factories and queue up a Brute all three will begin producing a Brute. If you hold the Ctrl key it will issue those requests out one at a time (ie: queuing a Brute will have the first factory begin queuing a Brute).
- Period key now selects an idle engineer (just like the F1 key does).
- Radioactive and Metal desposits without mines now show as grey in strategic view to make it easier to see which one's haven't been upgraded yet.
View the full changelog here.