The map editor used to work okay for me but now I cannot get a break on crashes and cannot make new maps!
Issue is always with rebuilding. The latest one I'm working on is a large map, when I click rebuild the map editor crashes to desktop with no error message.
GTX 780 3GB
Samsung SSD EVO
What I have tried to fix it and has not fixed it:
- Validate game files in Steam
- Run in DX12, 11, and safe mode
- run in fullscreen
- turn off background apps (geforce experience, MSI afterburner, web browser, etc.)
- turn off Geforce Exp 'Share' feature (shadow play)
- shutdown PC turn off PSU for a minute to fully drain power out of components then turn PC back on
- using different viewing mode while rebuilding (3d vs 2d)
- using different build qualities 1 and 4 both crash
Any ideas or fixes? would sharing the map file help?