1) Units will keep range, where they can deal at least half of total DPS.
- It is strange that units forced to not use the advantage in range. Balance issues should be solved using other way.
- Ranged units survive much better
- Units tend to form kind of frontline instead of dogfighting. Looks better.
- Defense became less effective because units keep distance and take damage only from first line of defense.
2) Air rebalance:
- Speed of air units doubled
- Speed of air scouts tripled
- Flying height doubled
- Projectile speed of anti-air weapons doubled
- Air scouts was nearly useless
- Air units were too slow.
- Overall they felt like floating cruisers that hover higher than other
- Air units became fast raiders viable for run-n-gun tactics or emergency reaction forces
- Now they really feel like air units. Something like T3 air in Supreme Commander
- Air AI really annoying now
3) Substrate got hull regen equal to 1/5 of shield regen now. It worth nothing in battle, but provide option to heal nexus or damaged 5-starred dreadnought at base.
4) Drones have engagement range equal to sight range of mothership.
- Drones feel more aggressive.
- Motherships will be more like a modern carriers that use strikecraft to engage remote targets.
5) Engineers can be built in factory and assembly.
- It should be easier to expand and maintain remote outposts.
Weapon range, sight range, radar range and drone engagement range doubled + all from Imbalance Pack.
Just for fun
Extract content to game folder or copy to your "Mods" directory and enable in mod manager ingame.
PS this mod is successor of my old mod for Supreme Commander