It would be good to have the option (checkbox in army unit list) to enable auto queuing lost unit for armies.
Why is it so important?
- It reduce micromanagement, as mentioned in game goals
- Frigates and cruisers will get second life in late game.
As mentioned here https://forums.ashesofthesingularity.com/484989/page/1/#3689217
End game now feels like a dread fest for the most part as with the eye, nest and agamemnon every other unit type just get's blown away in less then a second. PHC air is very unsuitable for killing dreads but I'd wager then substrate air can do fine. I'm personally not a fan of the 4 unit tiers and the possible 5th coming up.
end game is the dread fest. Smaller units die too fast and don't worth to be built and controlled manually.
How should it work?
- I build the dreadnought.
- I queue for him some smaller units: for example 2 charons, 2 mobile nullifiers, 4 Apollos, 6 medics and 20 Brutes as meat shield.
- I toggle checkbox "Auto replenish army"
- And move army to the frontline
- When any unit die - game queue it on the nearest factory.
- When unit built - charon teleport it into the battle. (If no charons or nano-transport availeble - unit should attack-move to army location)
Finally army became kind of Nest of the Queen, but with cruisers or whatever, able to fight until player have enough free factories and resources.