There are a few items I would like to request to cut some of the tedium in the game:
1. Hotkey to clear the queue of a production building.
2. Hotkey to cancel the last shift-add. When queuing up buildings, sometimes they accidentally get queued in the wrong location, so it would be nice to keep shift held down and hit a hotkey to cancel just the last add.
3. Hotkey to cycle through your owned Power Generators. In other RTS games, you can usually expand where you want, and there are not that many expansions. In this game, the expansions are fixed, and there are a lot of them so there is a need to be able to cycle through them (to check for defenses, missing extractors/amplifiers, etc.)
4. Related to #2, a hotkey for -1 to a unit queue. If I queue up 3 units and I only wanted 2, then a hotkey to remove one rather than having to mouse click. This is for expediency.
5. Reserved building queue space. It is annoying to think you have queued up a building only to find out that it didn't get built because it overlapped something that you had queued to build earlier. I would like the 'ghost' building to hard-reserve the space it is queued for unless you cancel the queue.
6. It would be nice if there was a way to select an idle engineer/constructor without the camera focus moving to that unit. Say, for instance, I am camera-focused on a Power Generator and I want to build air defenses. I would like to be able to select an idle worker without the camera moving so I can pull the worker to where I am looking.
7. Set waypoints as attack-move. In early game, I observed that if you set a waypoint from a factory/assembly directly on a PG, the units that are produced will wait until they get there to attack; generally dying on the way. It would be nice to be able to chose whether a waypoint you set is an attack-move waypoint or not. CTRL-Right click to set an attack move waypoint? Just something to cut down micromanagement in early game.
8. Set waypoints to auto-form armies. It would be useful to be able to have a control group of multiple buildings and set their waypoints to automatically join an army when they are produced. CTRL-V-right click maybe?
9. Not sure if this exists already (If so I can't figure out how), but it would be nice to have an 'assist' key for workers (engineers/constructors/etc.). If I queue a bunch of buildings at once (Say quanta generators), and I want to send another worker to help. Instead of clicking the building with the second worker, I would like to just set it to assist the first so that it helps on the entire queue instead of that one building. Sometimes you need to speed up production of your buildings.
Thank you for your time.