I asked in another thread, but didn't really receive a response... so I am giving this question its own space:
I vaguely recall an update where it was mentioned that most of SD's attention would go towards Star Control until that game hits the street
Is that shifting yet?
I mean, it feels like it has been a while.
Can we expect more TLC from the whole dev team anytime soon?
We want MORE:
- More campaign
- 3rd race
- More/better AI on units (so that they don't act like dumplings anymore)
- Better selection controls/mechanisms
- More control over unit behaviors (enabling them to stop, hold position and not go chasing, focus retreat, tactically retreat, move without becoming radically distracted, form up in particular patterns, etc. etc. etc.)
- Better production/reinforcement controls
- perhaps some automations and steamlining of the base-building exercise.
The above issues come up again and again and again in the forums, and then we get news that "air transport" and "navy" is coming. I mean... blargh. Sure. (Sigh.) Do the navy. Do the air. Fine. Whatever.
But please keep the above on the radar too.
Give the players who have been requesting the above items the opportunity to pay for the improvements we really want.
Setup a mini kickstarter on the ashes site, and let us fund the features we want most!!!
(PS. T1 AA units for PHC was something folks have been asking for since the beginning and I was REALLY happy to see it in the DLC!!!!! THANKS!)