We are working on the next update to Ashes to improve gameplay and visuals. Please read below for details.
To enable the patch, please do the following:
- Select "Ashes of the Singularity: Escalation" in your Steam Library list
- Right-click and select Properties
- Select the BETAS tab
- From the dropdown, select opt-in and click Close (if you don't see this option, restart Steam)
- Steam should pull down the changed files; if you ever want to go back, do the same as above but select default
Please note: The opt-in is an early preview of the next update and you might experience bugs or other issues. We encourage players who try the opt-in to report any issues to the support forum.
Change Log notes
- Balance pass on unit HP and shields
- Instigator speed increased
- Units are created with more distance between them.
- Improved the Hades Bomber AI to so they better hit their targets.
- Unit spacing increased
- Unit and build sizes increased
- Explosions made larger.
- Improved Terran morning lighting.
- Improved deformable terrain around buildings.
- Modified zoom camera angle.
- Punched up the colors on buildings.
- Update 4/18: The serpentine' turret is no longer super-sized. The fx are no longer lined up properly. We'll address that in a future fix.
- Fixed Shader corruption bug
- Fixed a hang when starting the Benchmark