New Core Worlds DLC Adds New Maps Based on Real-World Locations
Get it on Steam | Get it at Stardock
Stardock released the Core Worlds DLC for Ashes of the Singularity: Escalation today. The DLC adds new asymmetrical maps based on real-world geographic locations and distributes resources to offset the geographical disadvantages on each battlefield.
Each map is of varying size and have metal and radioactive resources distributed in a way that offsets some of the disadvantages provided by the terrain. The asymmetrical design is meant to challenge the player to manage their units so that they are not bottlenecked or steamrolled by their enemies. Players should study the geography and strategize to use it to their advantage.
“We wanted players to feel like they were fighting in a real-world location,” said Brad Wardell, CEO of Stardock. “Since the geography was taken from places that do, in fact, exist, we accomplished exactly that.”
Core Worlds New Maps
- Dubola: This medium map for up to 6 players offers few places to hide and tight maneuverability for your armies. There are plenty of metal and radioactive deposits for you to claim, but you'll have to defend them carefully to prevent your enemies from overtaking them.
- Gibraltar: There's hardly any room to breathe on this small 2 player map that promises almost immediate action as you fight your opponent for what precious resources are available. The temptation of a single Turinium reactor between you both is almost too much to resist - be careful not to waste too many resources trying to guard it! You might just leave your Nexus defenseless.
- Nantes: Up to 6 players will contend with one another for control on this medium-sized map. Each base sits on unique terrain, from plateaus to craters, and you will need to guard your surrounding resources carefully to prevent your enemies from gaining an advantage.
- Freising: Face down your enemies on this frozen tundra for up to 4 players. Each base is tucked behind a plateau, obscuring visibility, and other choke points are tactical places for setting up your defenses along the trenches that run through this landscape.
- Jigsaw: With winding trenches and vantage points for your base atop small plateaus, this small map provides a close-quarters challenge for up to 4 players. Your armies will need to fight for dominance on the combat paths - maybe a coordinated airstrike can turn the tides in your favor while your enemy is distracted.
The Core Worlds DLC is available through Stardock or on Steam for just $2.99.