Ashes of the Singularity: Escalation, Now with Faster Load Times and Major Balance Updates
View the full changelog below!
Stardock’s massive-scale real-time strategy game received an update today that reduces load times and improves combat balance and visuals.
Ashes of the Singularity: Escalation takes place in a post-technological singularity world where sentient AI, known as the Substrate, are in a war of annihilation against the Post-Human Coalition.
"This update makes significant improvements in performance,” said Stardock CEO Brad Wardell. “We increased the number of CPU cores that can simultaneously interact with the GPU from 8 to 16 which should translate to smoother performance when thousands of units are on screen.”
The Turtle Wars and Entropy scenarios have been re-balanced in order to implement changes from previous version updates. Additionally, the Nashira map has been adjusted to correct some pathing issues that were previously reported.
The v3.1 Update is now available.
Ashes of the Singularity: Escalation can be purchased through Steam or Stardock.
- Update Mesh optimization pass to reduce game load up time by 70%
- Camera angle adjusted to be less top-down and adjust as the player zooms in and out
- Max threads increased from 16 to 24 to increase performance as many machines now have more CPU cores
- Update the Oxide logo
- Adjusted rendering priorities so that larger units look substantially better when there are fewer units on the screen
- Artemis HP reduced from 575 to 480
- Version bumped to v3.10
- Updated Turtle Wars scenario for balance changes from 3.0
- Updated Entropy scenario for same reason
- Regenerated Nashira map