I've played for a few hours and beaten the Challenging AI (Tough got me into a stalemate heh). No MP experience yet because no one is playing D:
1. Can we please have an option to remove the motion blur and weird camera acceleration when moving around? It feels clunky and slow.
2. The game isn't very well optimized (running a 2GB VRAM card, might have something to do with it ), but it will get better. This is Early Access, after all.
3. Can we please zoom out all the way? PLEASE? I'm from the Annihilation series of RTS games. The overlay map ya'll provided is awesome, but I would prefer a strat zoom - think SupCom. Much easier to play with.
4. Why no strategic icons? I hate having to stay zoomed in to play in the late game - it's really cumbersome tbh. I noticed you guys have some minimalistic icons in the unit/production bars - maybe start there?
1. Dreadnoughts feel somewhat useful and are difficult to kill early on - however, by the time Dreadnoughts start coming out on the regular, I'm already sitting on a few hundred T1 units and a hefty amount of cruisers. I'm not focusing on any one production line here - I've been trying to even it out to get a feel for the flow of the tech tree. Point is, one or two Dreads in a sea of units isn't really that huge of a difference. Perhaps making them larger/better would make them worth the effort? At the least, I'd like to see their model size increased if at all possible. They are the *experimentals* of the game, after all. That might be personal preference, though. At the end of the day, they are quite powerful for small strike forces, but in a 500v500 engagement, there's so much ordinance being thrown around that they melt just as fast as the rest of the pack. The Tanky Dreadnought doesn't do this quite so often (it does have twice the health of the assault dreadnought, after all).
2. Teching was a little difficult for me to figure out at first, but it seems absurdly simple now that I have. It's quite easy to outpace your production with your tech level, which I like - it puts emphasis on map control instead of tech rushing.
3. Radioactives are the worst. It's a love/hate relationship. On the one hand, I never have enough radioactives once I start teching. It's really annoying. On the other hand, I love the desperation this instills in all sides - everyone is scarce on resources and are scraping around for more all the time. It's lead to some really awesome back and forth fights between myself and the AI over a few series of deposits. Quite entertaining.
1. You basically carbon-copied Seton's Clutch and adapted it to your own game! FIENDS! I enjoyed the gameplay on Setons in SupCom, but I don't understand why you added it in a game that has no naval. There really isn't a point if there is no naval play - that's what transformed Setons from a slugfest into an interesting quad lane tech rush. You had the guys in the mid, fighting for the scraps of mass. Then you had the two naval lanes, where each player had to make the decision to rush or tech or help the mid guy in T2. THEN you had the air layer - the actual deciding factor in most Setons matches, especially once you hit T3 or T4. The counterplay is what made it interesting. On that note, PLEASE fix the damn spawning - the spawns are rigged so one player from each team is on the wrong side. It's weird and doesn't make any sense for the map.
2. A lot of the larger maps have a distinct lack of radioactives. For example, the LARGE FFA6 map has two radioactives (ish) per player. So do the MEDIUM FFA4 maps....which have half the regions. There isn't a proportional amount of map control/radioactives. It's just two per spawn, with a few in between. Maybe I missed something, but I haven't enjoyed the T1 slugfests I've had to endure due to that particular design decision.
3. More Maps! Also, I've found a way to get under the map with the camera by holding middle mouse and just swinging it through the ground. Heh. That was weird.
I'll be throwing in some more feedback when I get time. The game seems quite solid so far. Can't wait for those extra factions