I'm doing the Mr. Mom thing tonight so no games so far. But I thought I'd run the benchmarks. My hardware: X58 motherboard, 12GB RAM, i7-920 OCfirstname.lastname@example.orgGhz, GTX 980SC, Win10/64.
DX12 Straight Benchmark:
Avg Framerate: v.0.64 - 49.2 / v.0.70 - 52.7
CPU Framerate: v.0.64 - 80.2 / v.0.70 - 89.0
Avg Framerate Normal: v.0.64 - 61.9 / v.0.70 - 60.2
Pct GPU Bound Normal: v.0.64 - 99.8% / v.0.70 - 100.0%
Avg Framerate Medium: v.0.64 - 49.8 / v.0.70 - 53.2
Pct GPU Bound Average: v.0.64 - 100% / v.0.70 - 99.9%
Avg Framerate High: v.0.64 - 40.4 / v.0.70 - 46.5
Pct GPU Bound High: v.0.64 - 99.9% / v.0.70 - 99.9%
DX12 CPU Benchmark:
Avg Framerate: v.0.64 - 78.4 / v.0.70 - 91.1
CPU Framerate: v.0.64 - 77.9 / v.0.70 - 89.8
Avg Framerate Normal: v.0.64 - 88.3 / v.0.70 - 102.5
Pct GPU Bound Normal: v.0.64 - 41.6% / v.0.70 - 46.3
Avg Framerate Medium: v.0.64 - 82.2 / v.0.70 - 93.4
Pct GPU Bound Average: v.0.64 - 44.6% / v.0.70 - 45.5
Avg Framerate High: v.0.64 - 67.7 / v.0.70 - 80.3
Pct GPU Bound High: v.0.64 - 46.5% / v.0.70 - 46.7
I would definitely say, as the benchmarks see it, there were some very good improvements! Well done to the dev team!
However, I had some stability issues. I have had absolutely NONE since I first downloaded and started the game in version 0.63. Of course, that was Win7/64 and I only converted to Win10/64 this week. Regardless, the first time I tried to load the new version, having clicked on "Play" in the Steam Library list, the load hung. At least it took MUCH longer than I'd every seen it take. I used Task Manager to kill it, reloaded, and all was fine. I then ran the Full benchmark with no issues. However, at the end of the first time I ran the CPU benchmark the game just disappeared - crashed with no messages or information on my desktop. I just re-started it from the Steam Library, re-ran it, and all was well.
I wish I had some info as to the latter. But the performance has definitely ticked up! Looking forward to trying out actual gameplay changes when I get a chance!