I'm Noob in this game thought I'dd wait until I'dd done same playing before any comment. I'm an RTS player going back to 7th Legion , Dark reign and Warzone2100 days . I'm usually a Campaign and Skirmish type of player but willing to play PvP if it helps.
Until the new 1.07 hadn't caught another player to play against and then that game locked up on both of us. I didn't have time for another match right then. The only non tech feedback I can give is the crash occuried roughly when we engaged each other with small Army of less than 50 on each side.
All vs AI games ran smoothly up until 1.07 and after 1.07 for me at least. I always play in DX12.
I've noticed that sometimes after grouping up an Army and engaging the enemy the indivduals in that army start running away from the enemy instead of kicking their butt then I degroup , regroup and focus attack again . Do I have a deserter problem lol and anyone else have this?
some questions (sorry if I've missed the answers elsewhere) :
- Where is AoS hiding its crash log ?Its not in %HomePath%\Documents\My Games\Ashes of the Singularity nor %systemroot%\logs !
- Is there a debug parameter for the exe whilst using both DX11 and 12?
- In PvP how do I know if we are both playing in DX12 and will this have any effect on the game play or cause issues?
- Is there an overlay for DX12 that works so I can see FPS, HD throughput , temp etc etc , ideally one that doesn't break my bank from a 3rd party provider. Steam , AMD Gaming Evolved overlays fail for me whilst playing . Even the recording ingame of both of those won't load up. I get thats 3rd party stuff but can someone tell me what is working ingame in DX12 so I can maybe be a bit more helpful in feedback etc. I'm using Action! trial version atm for recording.
- Can I place the game on other PCs at home for testing /LAN etc within the games license ? I cant afford to buy again. Even though I get a quality RTS PvE atm I still feel I'm paying to voluntary Beta test.
The game already is big (maps and army sizes) and beautiful anything else is a bonus
Running W10 x64 Pro, MSI Z97S Sli Plus MB, i5-4690K @3.5 Ghz (unclocked) CPU ,One R7 260X 2Gb AMD Vid , 16Gb DDR3 Mem and the Game is now in steam folder on my SSD primary OS drive rather than a folder on a bigger standard Sata III HD.